Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on Mad's at a funeral in the Doubletree and has spotted Raymondo holding talks with a Ross County midfielder/lead singer of Belle and Sebastian.

More to follow.

Stuart Murdoch is the player

It may have been, it may not.* We shall see if he stands by his comment.

*It was.

Was he not throwing around a thousand pound bet that United's crowd would not drop below a specific figure after 4 seasons in the championship!

Nice to see tacit questioning of the manager after another hugely disappointing season at Dens.

If there was a league table of bait material on p&b, this post would be stranded at the bottom facing certain relegation.

If it's true, Denny Johnstone would be an excellent signing for you.

At the start of last season there was clearly talent there, but he was still raw and was a frustrating player to watch, similar to Brian Graham at the same age with a bit more of a contribution to all round play. Time after time he would work himself into a goalscoring position then completely f**k it up by taking too long on it, making the wrong decision and losing the chance. Still, whenever he was played into a position where he could shoot without having to think about it, he'd score. On that basis you didn't mind the chances he was missing so much: rather have a player who creates himself a chance 3 times a game and wastes 2 of them than a player who always scores when a chance comes his way but only gets himself into a goalscoring position once every three or four games.

Then the goals dried up from January to mid-March and his confidence went with it, his performances getting worse and worse throughout that period. While it was clear that he had the talent to become an excellent Championship player and probably a decent Premiership one, some fans had a feeling that he just wasn't there yet, myself included, and despite his goals earlier in the season weren't really minding whether we got him back or not. Soon after that view started to spread he made everyone expressing it look like a tit. Scored a great goal at home to Queen of the South where he beat a man then placed it nicely beyond the keeper after a few more touches - scoring a goal where he actually had to think about it, time it right and place it rather than lashing it first time. He took real confidence from his performance that game and was excellent in the run-in.

In the last few games of the season he really looked like he'd moved to another level as a player - his decision making was better, his timing of runs improved, he scored some excellent goals which showed his ability to score from anywhere rather than just first timers in the box, overall he was just sharper and that rawness from the start of the season was gone. In February I was thinking he might still be another season away from properly developing into a top Championship striker, but it became clear by the end of the season that he was already there. I'd be delighted to have him back, but with yourselves and Killie interested there's no chance.

If there was a league table of bait material on p&b, this post would be stranded at the bottom facing certain relegation.

Well played bait-for-bait response, how can this possibly be replied to this without having 'fallen for the bait'? Other than posting strategic analysis like my reply.

Well played bait-for-bait response, how can this possibly be replied to this without having 'fallen for the bait'? Other than posting strategic analysis like my reply.

It's my reverse baitism. 60% of the time, it works everytime.

Archived