Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

based on what?

Well personally think the fact that United are a complete clusterfuck at the moment and even someone like McKinnon would be a risk due to his inexperience, never mind somebody like Cathro who hasn't managed.

I really don't get the hype over Cathro tbh.

based on what?

Being 29 years old, never having been a manager, and never having played the game.

Instant respect from the players!

You never know, he may have the kahunas to pull it off, but what is that based on?

The Muirhead one is strange. I can only assume that there's a side of the story that we are not aware of. If he left by mutual consent then it won't have cost us anything other than the original transfer fee and that's effectively a sunk cost.

Are you really suggesting he just allowed United to rip up his contract and he left with his tail between his legs?

Ian Cathro would surely be a complete disaster of an appointment?

Not necessarily. It would be a gamble, certainly. He does have a high reputation as a progressive coach, but being a manager is something else entirely.

But hey, someone has to be first. I wouldn't be against Cathro being appointed.

Thompson will draw up a list of candidates, assess them based on their past successes, managerial experience, knowledge of Scottish football, and ability to motivate players, before picking the cheapest one.

Thompson will draw up a list of candidates, assess them based on their past successes, managerial experience, knowledge of Scottish football, and ability to motivate players, before picking the number one target.

FTFY.

Ian Cathro would surely be a complete disaster of an appointment?

You are not a complete, tangerine tinted lost cause it seems Lichtie.

I warn you though, this logical questioning of a Utd legends credentials will not endear you to those you seek to be among.

I warn you though, this logical questioning of a Utd legends credentials will not endear you to those you seek to be among.

Legend 😂

Here's a novel idea.  Thompson should select a shortlist of, say, 3 options and then ask the ST holders to pick from them. Share the blame in advance.

Thompson will draw up a list of candidates, assess them based on their past successes, managerial experience, knowledge of Scottish football, and ability to motivate players, before picking the cheapest one.

You obviously have no faith in ST. Maybe you need to organise a fan based consortium to buy the club. I'll chuck in a few quid to get you started but I will want receipts. ;)

Perhaps he's seen that Moneyball film and now thinks he's Billy Beane.

You obviously have no faith in ST. Maybe you need to organise a fan based consortium to buy the club. I'll chuck in a few quid to get you started but I will want receipts. ;)

Excellent. I'll put you down for 50 grand. That should go some way to fumigating and redecorating The Baldy Snake's reptilian sex lair under the Jerry Kerr.

Here's a novel idea.  Thompson should select a shortlist of, say, 3 options and then ask the ST holders to pick from them. Share the blame in advance.

I remember Dundee done this with strips, after it was selected it panned out something like..

"LOL JOKES, you're not getting that you gibbons"

Excellent. I'll put you down for 50 grand. That should go some way to fumigating and redecorating The Baldy Snake's reptilian sex lair under the Jerry Kerr.

I thought I was the only one that knew about that. HE TOLD ME I WAS SPECIAL

I'll be honest and say 50k is a bit more than I was thinking of.

Mind you if you could find 1,500 season ticket holders to put in £1,000 each that might go a fair way to buying ST's majority shareholding. You may get a few well off fans putting in a bit more and some rich ones putting in more yet.

Just a thought....

I'll be honest and say 50k is a bit more than I was thinking of.

Mind you if you could find 1,500 season ticket holders to put in £1,000 each that might go a fair way to buying ST's majority shareholding. You may get a few well off fans putting in a bit more and some rich ones putting in more yet.

Just a thought....

This is what the Arabtrust should have been doing from the start - raising money for the purchase of shares rather than acting as charity collectors for a private company.

Archived