Dundee United 2015/16 Season

That's the sort of daft comment that robs any sensible thing you may say of any credibility.

Sure, sure.

I'm aware the notional thought would be 'why would he come back?', but you don't ask, you don't get. 

Levein still lives in Fife. I doubt a doubling of his wage and the opportunity to get back into real management would have been dismissed as easily as many might think.

Whereas turning to Mixu, and offering him a contract until 2018 was perfectly sensible?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, sure.

I'm aware the notional thought would be 'why would he come back?', but you don't ask, you don't get.

Levein still lives in Fife. I doubt a doubling of his wage and the opportunity to get back into real management would have been dismissed as easily as many might think.

Whereas turning to Mixu, and offering him a contract until 2018 was perfectly sensible?

Rumour has it that Thompson made an informal approach to Levein after McNamara left and was told to bolt. Understandably, considering he's Houston's mate.

Rumour has it that Thompson made an informal approach to Levein after McNamara left and was told to bolt. Understandably, considering he's Houston's mate.

Is it not that Levein was still in dispute with the sfa so he can't take a manager job until that is resolved.

You can't criticise Thompson for lack of investment since Mixu has taken charge and in January. The idiot of a manager has been given plenty to invest in utter shite over the last few months.

We had good players, sold them and bought average players. We then tried to replace those average players to keep us up and have replaced them with shite players.

How did young Charlie telfer work out, I remember you guys had high hopes for him after getting one over sevco?

How did young Charlie telfer work out, I remember you guys had high hopes for him after getting one over sevco?

Probably the same as Templeton, Black, Kyle, Sandaza and all the other shite worked out at Rangers.

You should be more worried about the Rangers fans infiltrating the home stands next Monday night. To celebrate their very own version of karma.

There is no need to worry. We share the same songbook. Will you be in attendance?

There is no need to worry. We share the same songbook. Will you be in attendance?

Aye, it'll be quite hard to tell the difference (awaits "That's The Joke" picture as a reply).

I will be there, if you are taking names.

I'm no Thompson fan but can someone show me an alternative option in the Armstrong/Mackay-Steven scenario?

There wasn't. GMS u could argue should have been kept till the summer, but given how poor he had been up to that point it made sense to cash in. Nobody in England wanted Armstrong that was clear at the time. Chances are his value would have plummeted due to having less time on contract. Correct financial decision was made but that doesn't suit some peoples agenda.

Why would keeping GMS until the summer (when he walks away for nothing) be more beneficial than selling him?

That's without even going into the 'he was playing poorly' shite you spouted.

Think that friendly comment was aimed at me. The argument for keeping GMS would be based on league placement and if that would be worth more thanks the transfer fee we got. Only the board could answer that. He had been poor up until December and wasn't always a starter so not sure why you are saying I am talking shite. Its my opinion and that is how forums work.

Archived