Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no Thompson fan but can someone show me an alternative option in the Armstrong/Mackay-Steven scenario?

It may well not have seemed financially prudent to reject it at the time, but it has really cost us now.

Selling our two best players on the eve of a cup final to our rivals was capitulation. We have never recovered from it. We smashed Dundee 6-2 just prior to it - what have we enjoyed since?

He took far far too long to sack Jackie, he made the wrong choice in Mixu, and where was the investment in January to try and keep us up? Riski and Ofere?

Don't get me wrong, I blame the management more than ST, but he made these appointments.

I'm no Thompson fan but can someone show me an alternative option in the Armstrong/Mackay-Steven scenario?

They can't. But the hey can have a lot of incoherent shite.

Tele reporting possible 'Baldy Snake' exit on twitter

Interesting but I really don't see anyone paying the sort of money that would be required.

My soft spot for Utd has almost completely disappeared over the last 12 months, due to the embarrassing pish aimed at Thompson over that time.

The same fans who're berating Thompson for 'not backing' managers are the same one's who're blaming him for letting the wage budget get out of control. Ye canna have it both ways for f**k sake :lol:

There really are some absolute fucking zoomers in the Utd support who're really excelled themselves this season.

My soft spot for Utd has almost completely disappeared over the last 12 months, due to the embarrassing pish aimed at Thompson over that time.

The same fans who're berating Thompson for 'not backing' managers are the same one's who're blaming him for letting the wage budget get out of control. Ye canna have it both ways for f**k sake :lol:

There really are some absolute fucking zoomers in the Utd support who're really excelled themselves this season.

Let's be fair now, the chap bemoaning the fact that the wage budget is out of control is an Arbroath fan.

Why would his value have increased?

I don't think his value would have increased, but when you consider the interest down south (Burnley, iirc) would his transfer value really have been affected that much by holding out til the Summer?

I don't think his value would have increased, but when you consider the interest down south (Burnley, iirc) would his transfer value really have been affected that much by holding out til the Summer?

Perhaps but it would have been a risk. I'm not sure there were ever any firm offers from teams down South.

It may well not have seemed financially prudent to reject it at the time, but it has really cost us now.

Selling our two best players on the eve of a cup final to our rivals was capitulation. We have never recovered from it. We smashed Dundee 6-2 just prior to it - what have we enjoyed since?

He took far far too long to sack Jackie, he made the wrong choice in Mixu, and where was the investment in January to try and keep us up? Riski and Ofere?

Don't get me wrong, I blame the management more than ST, but he made these appointments.

You can't criticise Thompson for lack of investment since Mixu has taken charge and in January. The idiot of a manager has been given plenty to invest in utter shite over the last few months.

We had good players, sold them and bought average players. We then tried to replace those average players to keep us up and have replaced them with shite players.

You can't criticise Thompson for lack of investment since Mixu has taken charge and in January. The idiot of a manager has been given plenty to invest in utter shite over the last few months.

We had good players, sold them and bought average players. We then tried to replace those average players to keep us up and have replaced them with shite players.

I am not party to the conversations and agreements between ST and his management teams. I hold them both responsible for our collapse. In 2 years we have gone from by far the best United side since the 80s, to by far the worst.

Just what was it that ST saw in Mixu, that told him he was the man capable of rescuing us? And boy did we need rescuing!

ST should have went on his hands and knees to Levein, begging him to come back.

I was more laughing at the fact that Thompson has previous for lying to his own clubs fanbase.

Who else would you consider to have a higher wage bill?

Celtic, Aberdeen definitely. Maybe Hearts..?

Imagine Dundee/Ross County would be close.

ICT/Well/Partick/Killie/Hamilton/St Johnstone definitely smaller?

Celtic, Aberdeen definitely. Maybe Hearts..?

Imagine Dundee/Ross County would be close.

ICT/Well/Partick/Killie/Hamilton/St Johnstone definitely smaller?

This has been covered ad nauseum. It's not difficult to look at the size of the United squad, and the comings and goings to recognise that the wage bill will be huge. Aberdeen whilst perhaps paying more to their core group of players don't have numerous high earners picking up cash for very little.

You think the likes of Gunning, Bodul, Bilate, Sinama-Pongolle and Demel are cheap?

33 different players this season... 33

This has been covered ad nauseum. It's not difficult to look at the size of the United squad, and the comings and goings to recognise that the wage bill will be huge. Aberdeen whilst perhaps paying more to their core group of players don't have numerous high earners picking up cash for very little.

You think the likes of Gunning, Bodul, Bilate, Sinama-Pongolle and Demel are cheap?

33 different players this season... 33

I know, and it shouldn't have been allowed to get so out of hand. But that's just Thompson being too nice with sticking by McNamara and letting him sign so much shite. I don't think you can really blame him for appointing Mixu because it looked like the best option available at the time, and I don't think you can blame him for giving Mixu money, Mixu has just made a c**t of it too.

I think he stuck by McNamara for too long and if he punted him by the end of the 2014/15 season and got somebody half decent in then I don't think the squad would be in anywhere near such a state and I don't think United would be in this position.

I think that's been his biggest downfall.

I am not party to the conversations and agreements between ST and his management teams. I hold them both responsible for our collapse. In 2 years we have gone from by far the best United side since the 80s, to by far the worst.

Just what was it that ST saw in Mixu, that told him he was the man capable of rescuing us? And boy did we need rescuing!

ST should have went on his hands and knees to Levein, begging him to come back.

That's the sort of daft comment that robs any sensible thing you may say of any credibility.

Archived