Dundee United 2015/16 Season

It would, but they more than likely would not die, just suffer a humiliating administration.

Ours was extremely harrowing, but at least we paid 100p/£.

There's no need for United to go into administration. Administration is a last resort to save a company from insolvent liquidation. United aren't anywhere near insolvent.  

Administration potentially made sense when we were £8M in debt to the banks. Now the debt is down to around a million and the creditors are, by and large, local businessmen and United fans.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure you've thought this through.

Most fundamentally, a pre pack would see the club (or a new club, if that's your perception) start again in League 2 (if lucky). That's hardly going to help balance the books. Then there's the loss of credit facilities and the irreparable damage to relationships with the local business community. And the broken relationships with the sympathetic investors who are now the major creditors of the club. Then there's the loss of future revenue from the Robertson, Gauld etc. transfers - that'd go to the creditors of the old company.

The whole thing just makes absolutely no sense.

Fair play, you've considered it much more widely than me. As I said there are a lot of unhappy Arabs out there with a lack of trust ( rightly or wrongly ) in ST. The departure of his sister from the board also fuels speculation that " something is up"

There is no way he will risk future income from Robertson and Gauld., though , that's for sure.

I'm not panicking, I just wondered if there was even the slightest amount of credibility to this speculation and it appears there isn't.

Very few people will know the details of the club's present finances but there was a suggestion recently, posted on here I think, that ST had paid of loans that were accruing lower interest whilst retaining loans to himself/his family that had higher interest rates. If that's the case and he's a major creditor then he won't achieve much through administration.

There is also the fact that there's separate charges over Gussie Park and Tannadice secured by these physical assets.

He's paid back interest free loans to him and his family, while loans with 6% interest to the 'mystery investors' remain.

United will be fine. They don't cheat like Rangers, Dundee, Livingston etc.

Yeah that's right. Losing 35k per week and won't play Muirhead again because they're due Killie a wad of cash after 1 more appearance of which they're skint and can't pay 😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😀😂😂😂😂😀😂😀😂😂😀😀😀😀😂😀😂😂😂

Sounds fair to me 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Edited for Gibby

Yeah that's right. Losing 35k per week and won't play Muirhead again because they're due Killie a wad of cash after 1 more appearance of which they're skint and can't pay 😂 😂😂😂😂😂

Sounds fair to me 😀

Needs more emojis.

He's paid back interest free loans to him and his family, while loans with 6% interest to the 'mystery investors' remain.

OK I picked that up wrong.

No, there needs to be more suffering. IMO.

I will suffer most things, so long as they don't play Morrissey songs at Tannadice.

If, very big if, DU were to enter administration, would that mean a points penalty being applied next season?

No; the rules are now that you are immediately fined a third of your previous season's points upon entering administration.

Clearly this is a ploy by United to ensure Dundee can't relegate them in the derby

Out of interest, can you back this up?

The debt part that is, the rest I will let you just believe, if you think these business men are by large United fans do you think they would let you get into this mess when they have money involved?

Your post makes no sense. Maybe read what PMS said more carefully then post accordingly. Or not.

Weren't the united fans supposed to be filling tannadice to the rafters for every game? Added with apparently clearing their debt, selling players for pure millions, having the best young manager in the universe, a great business man in Steven Thompson ... shouldn't everything be booming.....

Weren't the united fans supposed to be filling tannadice to the rafters for every game? Added with apparently clearing their debt, selling players for pure millions, having the best young manager in the universe, a great business man in Steven Thompson ... shouldn't everything be booming.....

United don't have thousands upon thousands of glory hunting bigot fans like the *** do unfortunately.

There's just no way they could sell out 14,000 seats at Tannadice every single week. I'm not sure anybody would expect that to happen apart from some that are absolutely clueless about Scottish football, like armchair OF fans.. :rolleyes:

Out of interest, can you back this up?

The debt part that is, the rest I will let you just believe, if you think these business men are by large United fans do you think they would let you get into this mess when they have money involved?

:lol: You'll let me believe. How sweet of you.

For the debt part you can check out the last two published accounts for confirmation of the position  (2014 and 2015).

Successful player trading enabled the Club to reduce its net debt, which stood at £7.3m in 2007, to £1.28m in a further step in the Club’s strategy to reduce net debt.

The club have brought in a further £2M in transfer fees since that last accounting period so it's safe to assume that yet another profit will be posted next time.

Could be worse. Our club could have died.

Archived