Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dabs administration to be announced this week

Thats the talk o the steamie this morning.

If it were to happen I think it would be a "pre-pack" style administration - all the deals are done before the company goes into administration. All th assists are transferred and then the old company liquidated. ( according to the Internet)

So there's a cheerie though for all the Derry wanks on here.

For anyone who stayed right until the end today you would have seen the United squad acknowledge the fans at the end and apologise for what has unfolded this season. By squad however I mean Dillon, Paton and Rankin; the only players that I actually feel sorry for and the only players that made an effort to effectively say sorry to the fans after the final whistle.

To be fair, Spittal also came over to acknowledge the fans. 

If it were to happen I think it would be a "pre-pack" style administration - all the deals are done before the company goes into administration. All th assists are transferred and then the old company liquidated. ( according to the Internet)

A "Newco" so to speak? ;)

post-25521-0-54725700-1461574372_thumb.j

What's the source of this?

What's the source of this?

No need to panic GD, just a lot of talk amongst disgruntled Arabs and me speculating.

I've mentioned it before, if you were to do it, you'd do it that way. ST is in a bind. In the premiership. United is a good earner for him, and he can helpfully make money from player sales. That was the plan. Where we are now , we will haemorrhage money, and have a reduced income coming in. So no way to balance the books. This route would allow him to reduce player costs through admin, and start fresh with a much smaller cheaper squad/ operation.

But he'd risk a massive backlash from fans and ongoing protests.

As I say just me speculating. We have no need to worry as we have jacksons guarantee in the back pocket!

No need to panic GD, just a lot of talk amongst disgruntled Arabs and me speculating.

I've mentioned it before, if you were to do it, you'd do it that way. ST is in a bind. In the premiership. United is a good earner for him, and he can helpfully make money from player sales. That was the plan. Where we are now , we will haemorrhage money, and have a reduced income coming in. So no way to balance the books. This route would allow him to reduce player costs through admin, and start fresh with a much smaller cheaper squad/ operation.

As I say just me speculating. We have no need to worry as we have jacksons guarantee in the back pocket!

I'm not sure you've thought this through.

Most fundamentally, a pre pack would see the club (or a new club, if that's your perception) start again in League 2 (if lucky). That's hardly going to help balance the books. Then there's the loss of credit facilities and the irreparable damage to relationships with the local business community. And the broken relationships with the sympathetic investors who are now the major creditors of the club. Then there's the loss of future revenue from the Robertson, Gauld etc. transfers - that'd go to the creditors of the old company.

The whole thing just makes absolutely no sense. 

I'm not panicking, I just wondered if there was even the slightest amount of credibility to this speculation and it appears there isn't.

Very few people will know the details of the club's present finances but there was a suggestion recently, posted on here I think, that ST had paid of loans that were accruing lower interest whilst retaining loans to himself/his family that had higher interest rates. If that's the case and he's a major creditor then he won't achieve much through administration.

There is also the fact that there's separate charges over Gussie Park and Tannadice secured by these physical assets.

Archived