Dundee United 2015/16 Season

So whats the chances of Simon Murray still being at your club next season?

I hope he is. He offers something different and any time he plays the opposing team seems to be playing 10 yards further back. Under a decent manager I think he could offer a lot to us in the Championship.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donaldson was his best signing? That really puts it into perspective.

Donaldson is a decent player.

Anyone who has supported a team that has had a poor manager (or two successive poor managers!) knows that many things can affect a players performance. Players like Spittal, Fraser, Murray and Donaldson would all benefit from playing under a decent manager and being involved in a team of more seasoned professionals that would offer them guidance and protection.

I could go on about the ineptitude of the Tannadice management that has left young players like that hanging out to dry but it would take too long and I really can't be arsed.

On to a different topic, anyone singing 'There's only one Eddie Thompson' whilst having a pop at his son must have the mentality of a five year old. For the more simple minded that's not a defence of ST, it's just a recognition of the financial mess he inherited from his dad.

Donaldson is a decent player.

Anyone who has supported a team that has had a poor manager (or two successive poor managers!) knows that many things can affect a players performance. Players like Spittal, Fraser, Murray and Donaldson would all benefit from playing under a decent manager and being involved in a team of more seasoned professionals that would offer them guidance and protection.

I could go on about the ineptitude of the Tannadice management that has left young players like that hanging out to dry but it would take too long and I really can't be arsed.

On to a different topic, anyone singing 'There's only one Eddie Thompson' whilst having a pop at his son must have the mentality of a five year old. For the more simple minded that's not a defence of ST, it's just a recognition of the financial mess he inherited from his dad.

The thing that annoyed me at the game about the anti-Thompson stuff was that it seemed to be all about the money aspect. Incredibly short sighted if that is what the fans are going for. We sold some players, we were annoyed about that, we get it. However we have also spent a stupid amount of money on replacing those players with shite and on employing shite managers. I am all for criticising Thompson for many things, but to just have the "where's the money?" argument the fans are totally missing the point IMO. 

The thing that annoyed me at the game about the anti-Thompson stuff was that it seemed to be all about the money aspect. Incredibly short sighted if that is what the fans are going for. We sold some players, we were annoyed about that, we get it. However we have also spent a stupid amount of money on replacing those players with shite and on employing shite managers. I am all for criticising Thompson for many things, but to just have the "where's the money?" argument the fans are totally missing the point IMO.

If Arabs are looking for a muginvestor to buy out ST then good luck to them. Eddie Thomson was the last of a dying breed (definitely no pun intendended) in terms of a fan with significant resources who was willing to buy a club.

I was both surprised and pleased for Dundee when they found an investor with no affiliation to the club who was willing to put money in. I have no idea what he thinks he'll get out of it (for paranoid Dees that's not a pop at you just a genuine lack of understanding by me of the supposed end game).

I genuinely cannot see anyone investing in United for anything other than aluristic reasons and there must be very few folk out there daft enough to take the risk.

It's scary to think last time we went down we had players like Malpas, Bowman, McKinlay, Brewster, Dailly, Welsh, Winters, McLaren etc and we spent big on Pressley, McSwegan and Coyle.

Now we have Donaldson, Durnan, Paton, Fraser etc

:unsure2:

Dundee have won the same amount of games at firhill this season as united have at Tannadice.

Hibs have won more games against premier league opposition than united.

they had a mini protest outside Tannadice today singing if you hate Stephen Thomson clap your hands.

signed Rodney sneider then release him 3 weeks later

Were going to win the treble they said.

Our season starts now they said.

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT??

And apparently dundee get called the fun? hahaha.

GET DOWN STAY DOWN.

I hope he is. He offers something different and any time he plays the opposing team seems to be playing 10 yards further back. Under a decent manager I think he could offer a lot to us in the Championship.

:lol:

Terrified of the ugliness. IMO.

The Championship will be a cracking league next year.

Utter scenes when United finish below Morton and Dunfermline

Archived