Dundee United 2015/16 Season

This may come as a shock, but the Championship isn't that bad. Games mainly take place when they are meant to (the interest in the Championship from BT Sport etc will melt like snow in a river when Rangers get promoted), travel to and from grounds is largely easy, except Morton which will be a bit of a hike for you, and most of the away teams' fans are a decent bunch.  It might prove to be cathartic for the club and its followers.

I have great memories from the last time we were down. Will be good to get some different away days, especially for me a couple of the closer ones like Raith and Dunfermline..

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may come as a shock, but the Championship isn't that bad. Games mainly take place when they are meant to (the interest in the Championship from BT Sport etc will melt like snow in a river when Rangers get promoted), travel to and from grounds is largely easy, except Morton which will be a bit of a hike for you, and most of the away teams' fans are a decent bunch. It might prove to be cathartic for the club and its followers.

I've accepted our fate and as a football fan I'm, in a weird way, looking forward to it. Same as Granny, my concern is how the club will be run next year. If you do it properly (see Hearts) it could be a brilliant springboard back to the Premiership. If you don't (see St.Mirren) it could be torture.

If he was first choice - like a lot of you claimed. What makes you think Thompson's next appointment will be any better?

That's now McNamara and Mixu both been terrible appointments.

Third time lucky I guess.

Does that include the tickets bought a year ago?

I would doubt that - it will mean since the plea for people to start buying ASAP.

Not a pop at you DABs btw - if Dundee asked me to renew now I'd tell them to f**k off and be asking why.

I too will be renewing but will wait until I get my SQA markers money in July. I get a funny sense of guilty pleasure when I fail hundreds of students and then use that money to support United.

I too will be renewing but will wait until I get my SQA markers money in July. I get a funny sense of guilty pleasure when I fail hundreds of students and then use that money to support United.

Good man. Their pain brings you joy. Or at least in a prefect world it should.

Looking at Hibs as an analogue when they hired butcher to save them, he was sacked when they were relegated, so there is president here.

Mixu has been asked about relegation ( at the businessmens club) and he has said they have contacts and can source players. All a bit top line as a plan goes. I think he knows himself the gigs up if we go down. I wonder if the stress of it all explains his display on Sunday?

Archived