Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting worse and worse. It's came out that United players don't have a clause in there contracts if they go down, so they will have to ask the likes of Donaldson, Paton, Anier and that to take a pay cut for next season, and if they say no they are free to leave. Basically the same as Hibs two seasons ago.

Came out from where exactly? I heard folk speculating about this on the radio the other night, but it was only speculation.

It would not surprise me if it's the case but equally I would want to know a credible source before I believed it.

Surely they could just say no and hang on to their deals paying more than they are likely to get anywhere else? That's worse for Utd than them leaving for nowt tbh.

3rd highest budget in the league doesn't happen by paying peanuts - the tale of Si Murray being a good one -Dundee offered him a reasonable salary based on his playing experience and level, Utd threw a substantial amount more at him - enough to make him choose Utd over his boyhood club.

They could, but that would be short-term thinking. How much are they on, 2k a week? How long left on their contracts, 2 years?

The smart move IMO would be to negotiate an early release payment and move on, perhaps picking up a signing on fee and a wage of 60-75% of current. And something they haven't had much of this season, win bonuses. And get their careers going in the right direction.

Alternatively...

It's getting worse and worse. It's came out that United players don't have a clause in there contracts if they go down, so they will have to ask the likes of Donaldson, Paton, Anier and that to take a pay cut for next season, and if they say no they are free to leave. Basically the same as Hibs two seasons ago.

It came out did it? Where exactly?

Facebook, Twitter, Mad?

If the club wants Paul Paton to take a pay cut, they can ask him too - it doesn't nullify his contract - he just rejects the offer.

Came out from where exactly? I heard folk speculating about this on the radio the other night, but it was only speculation.

It would not surprise me if it's the case but equally I would want to know a credible source before I believed it.

Back page of the Courier this morning.

It won't be difficult to free up wages.

We have 12 players in the squad out of contract, none of whom I would keep (see below).

Others, such as Bodul, Anier, Paton, Dillon and Murray are out of contact in 2017, but will no doubt be happy to leave if they can find another club, if the manager (whoever that may be) deems them surplus to requirements.

Eiji KAWASHIMA
Gavin GUNNING
Kyle KNOYLE
Callum MORRIS
Guy DEMEL
Chris ERSKINE

John RANKIN

Ryan DOW
Billy MCKAY

Edward OFERE
Riku
RISKI
Florent
SINAMA PONGOLLE

It is understood that some players’ contracts do not have relegation clauses in them, meaning they would retain their salary level despite dropping down a division.

A bit different from what powerhouse7 posted tbh.

If any of the players want to leave I would be happy to write a letter of recommendation based upon their performances this season.

We have 12 players in the squad out of contract, none of whom I would keep (see below).

Others, such as Bodul, Anier, Paton, Dillon and Murray are out of contact in 2017, but will no doubt be happy to leave if they can find another club, if the manager (whoever that may be) deems them surplus to requirements.

Eiji KAWASHIMA

Gavin GUNNING

Kyle KNOYLE

Callum MORRIS

Guy DEMEL

Chris ERSKINE

John RANKIN

Ryan DOW

Billy MCKAY

Edward OFERE

Riku RISKI

Florent SINAMA PONGOLLE

I would keep Rankin and Dow, both of whom would have something to contribute in the Championship.

ETA also paton and Murray from those whose contract still has a year to run.

I would keep Rankin and Dow, both of whom would have something to contribute in the Championship.

ETA also paton and Murray from those whose contract still has a year to run.

You'd keep Ranks and Pates?

I cannot explain just how widely we differ on this issue! :(

Eiji KAWASHIMA

Gavin GUNNING

Kyle KNOYLE

Callum MORRIS

Guy DEMEL

Chris ERSKINE

John RANKIN

Ryan DOW

Billy MCKAY

Edward OFERE

Riku RISKI

Florent SINAMA PONGOLLE

I don't see Bodul, Anier etc rushing to get a new club when they are getting paid circa two grand a week - maybe if they got given £50,000 lump sum then they might.

I'm really dreading next season tbh. Nothing which I've seen points to us being able to get back up for some time.

In a way the manager is in a difficult position because he can't do what he should be doing (putting out teams with the youngsters and those still in contract next season who will likely still be about) because it shows we've basically accepted our fate and the snake wouldn't let that happen.

5-0 defeats for the remainder of the season for an inexperienced team, the majority of whom will be playing championship football next season would be far more beneficial than the odd draw or 1-0 win brought about by the current bunch.

Having said that I think mixu is either too deluded or proud to take that approach either.

The whole setup at the club is completely toxic at the moment. Something really has to give for us to even think about making long term progress again .

Archived