Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just gets funnier and funnier tbh.

If this is true it's confirmation Mixu and ST have jacked it. May also hint at Mixu being kept in post next season.

Logic on that being you don't sell your best defender if you know your fighting for your job.

Allegedly fee met release clause. Hands are tied there

McGowan is free in the summer so a fee (if there is any) would be nominal. Deefiant is right, and I mentioned this recently, what we do publicly and privately will be wildly different right now and I think ST and the board may well have accepted our fate and will be making changes accordingly.

I'd be surprised if United would willingly sell him for a nominal fee. A buy-out clause seems more likely and, if that's the case, then fair enough. United have clearly pushed the boat out financially to an extent already and the bid for Stokes demonstrated a continued willingness to do so. Spunking decent wages on Sinama Pongolle, Demel, Kawashima and Riski makes no sense if you're then to sell probably our only competent (non-injured) defender for a nominal fee.

I reckon ST is holding back to see what happens against Killie. Fail to win and noone else will be coming on on considerable wages with a view to avoiding relegation. Win and Mixu gets the go ahead for another mercenary or two.

McGowan can cock off no probs, he's been the most played defender since he arrived, which has coincided with our defence increasingly leaking and creaking. It's all his fault tbh.

No great loss. 3 league wins since he signed 12 months ago.

Says all the right things, throws himself into the occasional tackle and can't be faulted for effort.

However for a boy who's won trophies at different clubs, has loads of caps and played in the World Cup he's not showed us much in the way of quality at right back or centre half IMO.

I reckon ST is holding back to see what happens against Killie. Fail to win and noone else will be coming on on considerable wages with a view to avoiding relegation. Win and Mixu gets the go ahead for another mercenary or two.

McGowan can cock off no probs, he's been the most played defender since he arrived, which has coincided with our defence increasingly leaking and creaking. It's all his fault tbh.

Stephen doesn't like Ryan much. He's jealous because Ryan's Australian. He's always walking around moaning he wants to be in Australia banging hookers instead of getting pelters from United fans outside Café Nero in the Ferry.

You think Thompson is going to put the money he would get for these players back into the club? Lol

Maybe not for this season, but definitely for next season.

If (and it's a huge if) Stephen Thompson is ever going to get any money back out of United then he'll only do it if their in the top flight. In that respect he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Maybe not for this season, but definitely for next season.

If (and it's a huge if) Stephen Thompson is ever going to get any money back out of United then he'll only do it if their in the top flight. In that respect he's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Depends on whether a 16 team top league comes into play the season following next then we would only need to scrape a top 4 finish.

Depends on whether a 16 team top league comes into play the season following next then we would only need to scrape a top 4 finish.

1. Falkirk

2. Kilmarnock

3. Dunfermline

4. Dundee United?

I suppose it's doable.

Archived