Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have called back Muirhead by now and play him next to McKay with Erskine sitting behind them. I don't get why we still play with wingers when McGowan and Dixon should be the ones offering width in the system.

I think Partick hold his registration until the transfer window so that is not an option.

If Mixu keeps this formation, I hope the Starting XI will be:

Kawashima

Dillion Morris Gunning

McGowan Dixon

Rankin Demel

Erskine Pongolle

McKay

With Dow and Muirhead on the fringes of the starting XI.

Let's not kid ourselves, we need new players. Even with this formation we need a couple of central defenders to replace Dillon and Gunning and we need options on the bench.

Hopefully we can ditch the passing it out from the goal tactic, it drives me nuts. The thing is that United aren't playing badly and not getting hammered every week. It just about taking chances (which is impossible for every player on the park). Demel played well yesterday before coming off, hopefully with Rankin (or Paton) they could set-up a strong central partnership. Soapy can be sold/released in January for all I care. Pongolle looked good from the highlights I saw of the Killie game and looked good for the first 9 minutes of yesterday, hopefully his injury isn't anymore than a couple of weeks out. Erskine, probably our best finisher, looked good yesterday, hopefully he can start next Saturday. Muirhead will be a welcome addition to the squad on January 1st. As will Dow and Connolly when his fit.

Thank god we've finally stopped hammering the ball up the park, hoping for the best, it drove me nuts.

Hopefully we can ditch the passing it out from the goal tactic, it drives me nuts. The thing is that United aren't playing badly and not getting hammered every week. It just about taking chances (which is impossible for every player on the park). Demel played well yesterday before coming off, hopefully with Rankin (or Paton) they could set-up a strong central partnership. Soapy can be sold/released in January for all I care. Pongolle looked good from the highlights I saw of the Killie game and looked good for the first 9 minutes of yesterday, hopefully his injury isn't anymore than a couple of weeks out. Erskine, probably our best finisher, looked good yesterday, hopefully he can start next Saturday. Muirhead will be a welcome addition to the squad on January 1st. As will Dow and Connolly when his fit.

On the subject of players that should go:

Anier, Bodul, Kuhl, Taggart are all writeoffs

Murray, Donaldson and Fraser needs six months at a Raith or a Morton-esk club to give him first team football.

Telfer (as well as Connolly) needs to hit the gym, has the upper body strength of a feather, which costed us 3 points in the Derby.

Accept any offer above compensation for Soapy in January

If Mixu keeps this formation, I hope the Starting XI will be:

Kawashima

Dillion Morris Gunning

McGowan Dixon

Rankin Demel

Erskine Pongolle

McKay

With Dow and Muirhead on the fringes of the starting XI.

Who is the target man for a long kick up the park, because we don't have one, plus even if we did have one we play with a lone striker so not only would a flick on end up going to nobody but as with every kick out that is high and long it is a total lottery and usually ends in no worthwhile possession for the attacking side. The short pass out from the back is more nervy (mainly because our defenders are dreadful on the ball) but it does at least guarantee possession that if used properly is much, much more worthwhile than the long punt.

I'm quite happy to see us persevere the current formation as it has seen us create quite a few chances in recent games the problem being that we are failing to take them.

Aye? How many saves did the Thistle keeper have yesterday?

It's the complete opposite we are utterly toothless upfront and even a good player like McKay is useless without someone to play off him.

Aye? How many saves did the Thistle keeper have yesterday?

It's the complete opposite we are utterly toothless upfront and even a good player like McKay is useless without someone to play off him.

We finished the game with 13 shots to Thistles 1 and in recent games have missed some great chances with McKay as guilty as anyone. There is no doubt McKay needs some help up there but McNamara has left the club with just 1 good striker which Mixu has tried to address by bringing in Pongolle who showed some nice touches before having to go off. Having Erskine back should help as he is far more likely to get goals than Telfer or Spittal. The big problem we have now in comparison to when we were scoring 3 & 4 goals per game (apart from the quality of player) is that we have no midfielders willing to go beyond the striker the way GMS and Armstrong would.

The absolute state of Twitter re: John Souttar right now.

Is this about calling the girl who hangs around Tannadice for photos with her son a weirdo? Looks like it happened a while back and the story's recirculating now for whatever reason

We finished the game with 13 shots to Thistles 1 and in recent games have missed some great chances with McKay as guilty as anyone. There is no doubt McKay needs some help up there but McNamara has left the club with just 1 good striker which Mixu has tried to address by bringing in Pongolle who showed some nice touches before having to go off. Having Erskine back should help as he is far more likely to get goals than Telfer or Spittal. The big problem we have now in comparison to when we were scoring 3 & 4 goals per game (apart from the quality of player) is that we have no midfielders willing to go beyond the striker the way GMS and Armstrong would.

I don't what the f**k our midfield are for. We seem to be building all our attacks through McGowan.

Spittal is a heartless little shit.

Is this about calling the girl who hangs around Tannadice for photos with her son a weirdo? Looks like it happened a while back and the story's recirculating now for whatever reason

Its fantastic. He was also pictured having a kebab last night. They're ah seething

I quite enjoy the seethe when footballers are seen as having a normal life outside of their work (one Facebook hero last night commented that United players "should not be seen out in public at all right now"). Souttar looks the happiest he has been in about 18 months in that photo.

Archived