Season II (Accies 2015/2016 Thread)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Les Gray has stated there will be no dome and has no idea where we are getting this from. However, it wasn't long ago this interview took place:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/plans-for-dome-at-new-douglas-park-184637n.25598960

Ronnie was also on Off the Ball at the beginning of the season speaking about it.

It's rather strange behaviour. Why would it be so hard to say that we evaluated the decision and in light of the new pitch getting laid, decided it'd be better to postpone building the dome and lay a state of the art 3G on the training pitches in line with the ethos.

There you go I've done the press release with the usual Accies buzz words included.

With the lack of clarity and the miscommunication coming out of the club at the moment, it's little wonder fans are starting to wonder where the money is going.

If we were building a dome, laying a new surface and investing in youth I think most fans would have bought that. But now folk are saying there's no dome and a suggestion that the new pitch will be installed free of charge... But still can't afford a couple of experienced first team signings... Where has the money gone?

It's rather strange behaviour. Why would it be so hard to say that we evaluated the decision and in light of the new pitch getting laid, decided it'd be better to postpone building the dome and lay a state of the art 3G on the training pitches in line with the ethos.

There you go I've done the press release with the usual Accies buzz words included.

With the lack of clarity and the miscommunication coming out of the club at the moment, it's little wonder fans are starting to wonder where the money is going.

If we were building a dome, laying a new surface and investing in youth I think most fans would have bought that. But now folk are saying there's no dome and a suggestion that the new pitch will be installed free of charge... But still can't afford a couple of experienced first team signings... Where has the money gone?

Buying fancy red goal nets and a big clock that doesnae work. Money well spent IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we're getting a new website with online shop. Pasted from Accies Facebook page;

We are happy to announce that this page has become the OFFICIAL Hamilton Accies Facebook page! Thanks to all of you for your continued support.

The club has also launched a new YouTube channel. Please feel free to subscribe. The club is also pleased to announce that it will be launching a new website and an online shop for the new kit launch before the start of next season.

I think we've all known about this since before the season ended. I hope he does well and is more of an Alex Neil player than a MacKinnon but, going by his description, I'm not holding my breath. I also wonder how much he'll feature. Docherty began to break through at the end of the season and Gillespie and MacKinnon aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Archived