KILWINNING V ARTHURLIE CUP FINAL

quietmaybe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Buffs are to lift the cup they will have to do something Talbot couldn't manage this season; beat Arthurlie! Good luck to both sides, although I would like to see Kilwinning Rangers win as they are from Ayrshire and in the lower league at the moment.

Arthurlie favourites for this one any odds yet

I would have to agree with you but Strain has built a good squad capable of going up again IMO and proved they will be no mugs in this final having already beat 2 premiers teams on the way and I'm sure it will be a tight game

I would have to agree with you but Strain has built a good squad capable of going up again IMO and proved they will be no mugs in this final having already beat 2 premiers teams on the way and I'm sure it will be a tight game

I haven't seen Arthurlie this season but,against Wishaw,Kilwinning's work rate,sharpness and fitness was impressive.

Arthurlie's league position doesn't lie, I saw them a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed, they could have played with 2 players, the keeper and a striker as all they did was punt the ball at every turn.

Kilwinning will have every chance against them.

And yet we've taken 4 out of 6 points against the best junior side in the country.

Sums up our season though, poor one week, decent the next.

Mostly poor, or else we wouldn't be looking at a play off.

Does it go to a replay or pens? I fancy a draw then pens to decide it. Saw Lie three times, when it's good, it's good. Think the sides are evenly matched and it will be a close game.

Does it go to a replay or pens? I fancy a draw then pens to decide it. Saw Lie three times, when it's good, it's good. Think the sides are evenly matched and it will be a close game.

Do not think it is a replay I am sure it is played to a finish. Looking forward to this game I work with a lie fan and the banter has been good this week with him and no matter who wins on Saturday we will be having a drink together after it. My own personal thought is Arthurlie are without doubt the favourites as they are two leagues above Buffs and have a more experienced team however I live with hope that Buffs pull it off. It has been a remarkable season for Buffs no matter win or lose and on that note I wish to congratulate all committee, management and players for there efforts this season long may it continue.

Straight to pens if a draw over 90 mins I understand but think it will end with one team having a two goal advantage at the end. Not seem the Buffs under Strain & Stewart but heard great reports regards their attacking play mostly. If Arthurlie start slowly as they do then it could be done at half time, that said if Arthurlie play as they did in the second 45's against Talbot and Meadow for the 90 minutes..... in that case there will only be one winner.

Hopefully it will be a great day and a great game all the best to both sides and must add what a fantastic effort by the Buffs committee to make Saturday a special day for the village, hats off!

PS Mon the Lie!

Straight to pens if a draw over 90 mins I understand but think it will end with one team having a two goal advantage at the end. Not seem the Buffs under Strain & Stewart but heard great reports regards their attacking play mostly. If Arthurlie start slowly as they do then it could be done at half time, that said if Arthurlie play as they did in the second 45's against Talbot and Meadow for the 90 minutes..... in that case there will only be one winner.

Hopefully it will be a great day and a great game all the best to both sides and must add what a fantastic effort by the Buffs committee to make Saturday a special day for the village, hats off!

PS Mon the Lie!

Village??????

Kilwinning is bigger than Barrhead :lol:

At the 2001 census Kilwinning had a population of 15908, it had grown to 16105 in 2011.

In 2001 Barrhead had 17204, can't find the figure for 2011 but it would be unlikely to be any less.

So in what way is Kilwinning bigger than Barrhead?

Not that it makes any difference to how good your football team is; Auchinleck is only about a quarter the size of either of them.

At the 2001 census Kilwinning had a population of 15908, it had grown to 16105 in 2011.

In 2001 Barrhead had 17204, can't find the figure for 2011 but it would be unlikely to be any less.

So in what way is Kilwinning bigger than Barrhead?

Not that it makes any difference to how good your football team is; Auchinleck is only about a quarter the size of either of them.

you need to get out more.

Feck sake Robert how to upset rival fans!!! Lol :o

Fabi I've been talking up what Kilwining have arranged for Saturday and been gracious, I was due a slip up mate! You going on Saturday if so I will try and find you below your disguise ;)

Anyone know if there are programmes planned for the game?

Archived