P&B Fantasy IDP Dynasty League

Dee4Life1893

Well that shuts me the f**k up. I'm convinced. Well played Dee.

Preach!

Cheers guys.

I typed that post at 1am (I think) while pished. Sorta had the fear all day today that I'd made a c**t of myself so haven't checked thisforum all day.

Ahh ok I get you now. Misunderstanding.

Fair enough, I dont really feel differently in all honesty (I'm not in favour of rosters quite as big, but same principle stands). My issue is that we're going to be looking at this exact same conversation with yet another new league this time next year because nobody is happy with a 5 round rookie draft because it isnt deep enough.

Would deeper rosters but fewer keepers be a reasonable compromise? Maybe 35-40 man rosters but only 25-30 keepers?

I see your point Stewbo. Speaking from my point of view I think I'm getting to my limit of leagues I can actively care about. This is something different so I'm excited for it.

From reading and listening to fantasy players who have played a lot longer than me and probably all of us, it seems a common trend to have a lot of leagues to begin with then cut them back to the best ones. Anyway, if I need another startup draft next year I'll just go commit forum adultery like yourself :P

Does not being able to keep everyone not negate the need for deeper rosters? For me dynasty is all about trying to spot sleepers and stashing them, I think that dynasty should be about only drafting rookies every year as it keeps it as close to the real experience as possible. If having a deep draft is the aim of the game then surely we would all just play redraft?

Totally agree.

This is why I like the P&B Dynasty league. Knowing that there's practically nothing on the waiver wire, forcing you to use your depth or trade out of the situation. As with D4L, its the one I look at the most, trying to figure out what to do.

I'd be pretty happy with a similar size roster for the "normal" offensive players plus a bit of depth for the extra IDP positions; if that takes it to 40/45 then so be it

Yeah, at least 40.

When it comes to IDP the defensive players rankings very drastically depending on the scoring. The one certainty is that JJ Watt is a top 10-15 pick as Dee4Life says. Sometimes he is number 1.

Noticed that you generated the draft and schedule today Stewbo. Still need to include macbeast and Brightside.

Also, what does PNBIDPDFFLFTL stand for? I get it up to FTL.

Was done automatically without my knowledge I'm afraid.

I have no idea :lol: It meant something at the time but I may have forgotten by now... I think it was 'for the lads' but I cant be sure?

Was done automatically without my knowledge I'm afraid.

I have no idea :lol: It meant something at the time but I may have forgotten by now... I think it was 'for the lads' but I cant be sure?

Commish you updating this to 16? So I ca register

No way I quite like the order!!!!! ;-p

I liked being 1st in the Dynasty start-up, it gave me the freedom to choose whoever I wanted, to pick the keystone to my fantasy roster for the next 3-5 years maybe longer, the option to say "this is the guy, this is the guy who I will build my team around", the opportunity to circle one guy out of the entire league as the guy I held in the highest esteem.

I chose Doug Martin... :lol:

I liked being 1st in the Dynasty start-up, it gave me the freedom to choose whoever I wanted, to pick the keystone to my fantasy roster for the next 3-5 years maybe longer, the option to say "this is the guy, this is the guy who I will build my team around", the opportunity to circle one guy out of the entire league as the guy I held in the highest esteem.

Tbf he was the consensus dynasty number 1 pick in 2013 and was coming off a fantastic rookie campaign.

My biggest epic fails in that draft were Ridley in round 2 (I think Murray was still on the board lol) and especially a certain Mr Wilson in the third round who retired after one year due to a neck issue.

That's a belter of a choice!!!

Tbf he was the consensus dynasty number 1 pick in 2013 and was coming off a fantastic rookie campaign.

That was my thinking at the time anyways. I went Martin, Kaep, Cobb, Montee Ball...ooft. Lacy in the 5th & Alshon in the 9th somewhat helped even that out.

That's a belter of a choice!!!

Haha, yeh its funny now. Definitely staying clear of the RBs if I have a top 5 pick in this one!