P&B Fantasy IDP Dynasty League

Dee4Life1893

For dynasty though you prob want some element for keepers though? What size squad would you have? How many would you be allowed to keep? Forces you to play a bit deeper rather than never taking on a noob because he's unlikely to play. Adds an edge if you half prepare for next season too?

Yes, Dynasty far outweighs redraft and keeper leagues. The strategy and variables in play are so much more exciting.

For dynasty though you prob want some element for keepers though? What size squad would you have? How many would you be allowed to keep? Forces you to play a bit deeper rather than never taking on a noob because he's unlikely to play. Adds an edge if you half prepare for next season too?

Well it'll likely be 30 man rosters with IDP, I was thinking with 15-20 keepers? It'd mean you'd have to think hard about using a roster spot and keeper slot for someone like a Cody Latimer/Phillip Dorsett for example even though theyre likely to sit a year...

Means nobody can stockpile players forever to try and starve everyone else out as well

What about making it a contract league? That way people can plan for the future, but cannot stockpile players forever as eventualy they will need to make some of their stars cap casualties.

What about making it a contract league? That way people can plan for the future, but cannot stockpile players forever as eventualy they will need to make some of their stars cap casualties.

Woah, one at a time!

I'm in a salary cap and a contract league. I much prefer the salary cap one, although that's maybe because my team in the contract one is total shit.

EDIT: I retract my earlier statement about one year keepers.

Edited by GingerSaint

The guys who have played this type of league before have said 14 is probably the most that can play. Sorta have to take their word for it or I would have no problem making it 16 again.

It's not that 16 cant play, I just imagine we'll have a lot of drop outs if we go with 16 just because it runs so deep. I'm quite happy to open it up to more but I think it will be less enjoyable...

It's not that 16 cant play, I just imagine we'll have a lot of drop outs if we go with 16 just because it runs so deep. I'm quite happy to open it up to more but I think it will be less enjoyable...

I have no problem letting them in. I would say if anyone already in doesn't want to open it up to 16 for whatever reason then we keep it at 14.

I can't see there being dropouts. We're in the 3rd year of the dynasty league and only had 1 person leave. Plus it's most of the same players. If there was inactivity I'm sure we'd find a replacement easily.

http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/167441/scoring

If it asks for a password it's: peenbee

Have a look at that and see what y'all think. It's not quite as balanced between offense and defense as I wanted it to be but what you lack in big numbers on defense you make up for with consistency. (Take a look at age 20 of the players tab sorted by how many points the scored and that'll be the sort of guys making rosters with a 16 team league. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be but it's still pretty damn thin at the bottom :/

http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/167441/scoring

If it asks for a password it's: peenbee

Have a look at that and see what y'all think. It's not quite as balanced between offense and defense as I wanted it to be but what you lack in big numbers on defense you make up for with consistency. (Take a look at age 20 of the players tab sorted by how many points the scored and that'll be the sort of guys making rosters with a 16 team league. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be but it's still pretty damn thin at the bottom :/

That all seems reasonable enough.

I would say do away with points for return yards. We don't have it in any league. We did do it in a league years ago and was a bit of a farce.

Also I'd assume we'd need 30 man rosters?

EDIT: I'd also be in favour of a full dynasty style league. But I'm fine with what everybody is happy with.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

That all seems reasonable enough.

I would say do away with points for return yards. We don't have it in any league. We did do it in a league years ago and was a bit of a farce.

Also I'd assume we'd need 30 man rosters?

EDIT: I'd also be in favour of a full dynasty style league. But I'm fine with what everybody is happy with.

On second thoughts I would maybe leave the points for punt and kickoff touchdowns but not the yards.

What's the verdict on 16 teams?

I really don't have a problem. But will have to see what everyone else thinks.

With only 25 man rosters I think there will be plenty players left. Realistically 8-10 of those spots will be needed for defensive players so there will be plenty of young players left in the free agent pool.

Could I make a suggestion of maybe a few IR spots if that's at all possible on fleaflicker?