P&B Fantasy IDP Dynasty League

Dee4Life1893

Interested if there is a spot

Perhaps.

We've got 11 of 14 confirmed. There's jagox, steelmen & PaulMarnie who expressed interest.

I'll PM them and give them till 8pm today to confirm.

List as of now is.......

BishyTon

Dee4Life1893

GingerSaint

MoWonderboy

placidcasual345

Silvio

Simplistic

SloopJohnB

StevieLesII

Stewbo

YoungAndy

Apologies if I've left anyone out.

Fleaflicker does accommodate IDP. There isn't a typical scoring system in my experience. The big questions are whether we reward big plays and bump up points for interceptions and safeties, or reward consistency and good play with tackles, assists and tackles for loss. My suggestion would be...

Tackles - 1

Assists - 0.5

Tackles for Loss - 2

Fumbles Forced - 2

Fumbles Recovered - 3

Pass Defended - 1

Interception - 5

Sack - 5

Safety - 10

I think that strikes a good balance but if anyone has any opinions then by all means.

Edited by GingerSaint

Are you gonna run this Stewbo? Does fleaflicker accomodate this?

Can you break down the normal point scoring system for this kind of league GS?

Yeah I'll set it up tonight when I've got a wee bit of free time.

I'll have a look at how that scoring balances compared to offensive players later on GS but it seems ok at first glance, maybe a wee bit high though? I had in mind:

Tackles - 1

Tackles for Loss - 1 extra

Fumbles Forced - 3

Fumbles Recovered - 3 extra

Pass Defended - 1

Interception - 6

Sack - 3

Safety - 8

Defensive TDs - 6

Not sure how that stacks up against offense either but like I say I'll take a look later on

seems sound Stewbo. 5 points a sack was the only one I thought was a little high.

Now, for my noob question. The fact this is a dynasty league means that you keep your players going forward? it's full keepers every season?

I would have thought that having INT's and Sacks at the same level as an offensive TD would be about the right level. Both seem to be about the same regularity. Top sack scorers end up with about the same amount of sacks as the top TD scorers get TD's.

Now, for my noob question. The fact this is a dynasty league means that you keep your players going forward? it's full keepers every season?

There are different kinds of dynasty league - some are fully keeper and some have limited keeper to have a sort of free agency. Others are contract leagues (which I have not experienced) where you have a salary cap and it work just like the real NFL.

I would think our league will be mostly/fully keeper based on past experience.

There are different kinds of dynasty league - some are fully keeper and some have limited keeper to have a sort of free agency. Others are contract leagues (which I have not experienced) where you have a salary cap and it work just like the real NFL.

I would think our league will be mostly/fully keeper based on past experience.

Oh aye sorry I meant to reply that earlier. I was thinking half keepers at round+1 to keep things a bit different from the rest of the leagues? That way theres still some turnover.

Either that or 2/3 keeper with no penalty, that way its more dynasty-ish and it becomes a rookie/free agency draft rather than just a rookie draft every year

I quite like the idea of having half keepers,then having all free agents into the rookie draft the following year. Keeps it fresh every year, also puts more emphasis on having a good draft every year. After all drafting is the best part of the game.

If we're going down the keepers route, how about half keepers with no cost but you can only keep them for one year?

Thats a lot of paperwork for me to do... :lol:

Really though, I would be quite happy to go with that. Maybe two years to keep it more dynasty-ish?

I'd much prefer it to be a true dynasty league though with only the rookie draft each year.

I would be in favour of the full dynasty with a rookie only draft.

We've already got 2 of those though. I think i'd rather have some sort of free agency rather than wanting to start a new one every year to get a bigger draft experience

I'd personally prefer it be a proper dynasty. I appreciate some are saying that they have a couple already but me personally I was seeing this as being different in that we have the IDP, which is something I've not been involved in before.

I'm honestly happy with whatever the group decision is on it though.

For dynasty though you prob want some element for keepers though? What size squad would you have? How many would you be allowed to keep? Forces you to play a bit deeper rather than never taking on a noob because he's unlikely to play. Adds an edge if you half prepare for next season too?