When is GTF day?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton fans couldn't give a toss about Dumbarton; Dumbarton fans still desperately try to manufacture a rivalry with Morton, as seen fittingly above. The spoon-burners will naturally claim that the same applies to the used-to-be-Renfrewshire derby, but we all know that when Morton win the derby Div will ban another dozen Morton fans and 'break' the servers in a tantrum.

Fear for Lex's mental stability when they're getting pumped by the likes of Alloa next season tbh.

Fear for Lex's mental stability when they're getting pumped by the likes of Alloa next season tbh.

As long as St Mirren play a 16 year old who completes a pass or tackle he'll be alright, as he'll be able to rave about the "production line"

When was the last time St.Mirren played Morton in a league game? 2000? My cousin's son is 13, has been going to the games for 7 or 8 years. I hope kids of that age actually do see Morton as our rivals. You could be in your early 20s, a life long St. Mirren fan, and never seen a proper Renfrewshire derby.

The season Thistle got promoted they were decent. That aside when was the last time they had a really great season where they over achieved? I remember them looking good in about 96/97, when they were close to promition. Did Dunfermline go up that year?

When was the last time St.Mirren played Morton in a league game? 2000? My cousin's son is 13, has been going to the games for 7 or 8 years. I hope kids of that age actually do see Morton as our rivals. You could be in your early 20s, a life long St. Mirren fan, and never seen a proper Renfrewshire derby.

I'm 21 and I've never seen one outside the Renfrewshire Cup.

Do you feel a sense of rivalry with them?

I still do a little, not any hatred or anything. But next year them, Hibs (and Rangers if they stay down) are the three teams I'll really be looking forward to playing, and will be delighted if we beat them. Rangers would be top of that pile by some stretch, in terms of teams I want to beat.

Another part of that is, I probably only know (as in friends, and people I speak to) two Morton fans. I know loads of Rangers fans and would take great pleasure in tearing into them.

^^^doing it wrong IMO

Who are their big teams is the most seethe inducing question here.

Noted. I was going for an Oldco/Newco angle, but I'll stick to your version in future.

f**k, now we're down, I really hope they get promoted. Never thought I'd find myself saying that.

Archived