Twist and Shout would be a good addition, can you imagine going 2-0 up against Poland and Hampden just breaks into a 'OHHHHHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHH' 'OHHHHHHHHH' *silence for a few seconds* *abdy starts poznaning about* SHAKE IT UP BABY OHHH SHAKE IT UP BABY

The Poland fans and players would be wondering wtf was going on

let's do this thing!

Twist and Shout also seemed to feature all day both days. There was one mid afternoon on the Saturday where the whole of Temple Bar was bouncing. We were in the Auld Dubliner and went outside to see what was going on and it was just brilliant.

The band in Gogarty's were playing it on the Thursday night, scenes ensued.

Those Polish fans would never have seen anyone do the Poznan before. :lol:

Rather than breaking out gimmicks and silly songs, the wave of noise is what motivates the players and fans. You can sing anything as long as you cant hear yourself think. I never remember what songs are sung in an intimidating atmosphere, just the noise of the supporters.

• 1 month later...

Enforcing a song only really seems necessary if we're playing in a half-full stadium. Does anyone really think we're going to need some cringey "official song" for the Poland or Germany games with a full house? As someone said earlier, the roar of the crowd will be enough.

The roar of the crowd will be drowned out by the PA blasting some shitey black eyed peas song or something.

Scotland fans need to totally rip up the current song book as it's cringy as f**k. The Belgian fans and even the Welsh in more recent times have came to Hampden and been more intimidating than the Tartan Army and their cuddly wee tunes

The roar of the crowd will be drowned out by the PA blasting some shitey black eyed peas song or something.

Scotland fans need to totally rip up the current song book as it's cringy as f**k. The Belgian fans and even the Welsh in more recent times have came to Hampden and been more intimidating than the Tartan Army and their cuddly wee tunes

Aye said already on this thread I think we need to up our game. Such a good support with so much numbers and were like big dafties singing doh a deer etc. Get some good modern proper football songs on the go.

The James McCarthy one's catchy as f**k. I hadn't heard the Thomas Muller rendition until TitP which is slightly more cringeworthy but still catchy:

f**k off, Thomas Muller

Stevie Fletcher's cooler

We're gonna qualify

We're gonna qualify

• 5 years later...

Not that it really matters at the moment, but I’ll go with songs angle again anyway.

Li-ver-pool, Li-ver-pool. 3 syllables, sounds class and it’s uplifting.

Scot-land, Scot-land. 2 syllables. Barked out, dark, violent, over too soon.

Sco-ot-land, Sco-ot-land. Might sound a bit more tuneful, light and uplifting. England have beaten us to it in realising this.

Apart from this, I’ve not really got many ideas on new songs. Last game I was at was the humping from Belgium last September. The Belgians had a good sing song. There was nothing to sing about if you were supporting Scotland.

I suggest we employ another manager called Ally/Ali.

56 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Not that it really matters at the moment, but I’ll go with songs angle again anyway.

Li-ver-pool, Li-ver-pool. 3 syllables, sounds class and it’s uplifting.

Scot-land, Scot-land. 2 syllables. Barked out, dark, violent, over too soon.

Sco-ot-land, Sco-ot-land. Might sound a bit more tuneful, light and uplifting. England have beaten us to it in realising this.

Apart from this, I’ve not really got many ideas on new songs. Last game I was at was the humping from Belgium last September. The Belgians had a good sing song. There was nothing to sing about if you were supporting Scotland.

I suggest we employ another manager called Ally/Ali.

Thank the Lord.