• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 20/08/2015 at 09:38, Gordopolis said:

How's about that Andy Considine song? :thumsup2

There is absolutely no chance that would catch on.  What was it called again "Yes Sir I can Boogey".......nope can't see that happening now or even in the future.....like, way in the future -  the year 2021.  I know we will all be getting to Hampden in flying cars by then but not signing a 70's disco hit........

Boney M Rasputin

There is a man from Scotland that I know, he is big and hard with eyes a flaming glow!

Wingers look at him with terror and with fear but the Scotland fans we all love him dear

He's our captain and he is our leader, plays with passion and fire!

He crosses the baw, and we score with a heeder, he's the one we all desire!!

Ra Ra Robertson super Andy Robertson this is his story and it must be told

Ra Ra Robertson super Andy Robertson, the best left back in the world!!!

Edited by tartanbrush

'Here we, here we, here we fucking go' is so prevalent at gigs, festivals, etc in Scotland. I'm surprised it has never found its way to Scotland games. I think it would work quite well at times like the aftermath of a crucial goal.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

One thing I would say is that the Harry Kane songs are embarrassing. Singing about him being a ‘mongo’ and licking windows on the bus? Unacceptable tbh.

Not up for debate this. I only heard it from a couple of inebriated morons on the way in but would hope that nonsense like this would never permeate the wider support. Embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

yes sir i can boogie is not a football song and sounds terrible in the stands and sounds worse on the tv 

I am not sure of its longevity, possibly throughout this upsurge in performance, but it is of its time (ironic given its age) and it fits well with the fans and in the stadium.

How about resurrecting old tunes. I was watching Scotland 1977 qualifying matches on YouTube and the fans were signing "Bonnie Scotland, We'll support you evermore" - what ever happened to that? Can someone younger than me bring it back to the terraces?

On 14/11/2021 at 21:52, Scary Bear said:

I think the last time I sang at a Scotland game was 1998, national anthem excepted. Apart from that John McGinn song I’m not going to be much good. If we put in a performance what songs are currently in vogue?

We are deep frying your mermaid(s) !

'' inspired by " a fellow P&B er

5 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

yes sir i can boogie is not a football song and sounds terrible in the stands and sounds worse on the tv 

The one thing I liked about it on Monday night was that both the Scottish and Danish fans were clearly quite into dancing to it. Was quite good to have at least one song that everyone was enjoying, made the atmosphere really good from the start as everyone was bouncing about.