Nicola & the french ambassador (revisited)

I caught the interview on Sky News Sturgeon gave, the young bird interviewing gave her an absolute roasting. Sturgeon, used to having her ass kissed up here, was floundering. Lost in translation claimed Sturgeon, as if something that clear cut could be lost in translation, no it was faithfully recorded by the civil servant you foolish person. The memo did not hurt her up here as the muppet vote was always secured but it did set her off to naively demonstrate her anti Tory credentials and in the process help Cameron and damage Miliband. Thank you for that Ms Sturgeon. She's still the toast of Conservative central office.

Strange how everyone actually present at the meeting say it never happened. And the civil servant taking the notes off a telephone call days later admitted they might not be accurate. And even Alistair Carmichael admitted they weren't. About as conclusive as you can possibly get I would have thought.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught the interview on Sky News Sturgeon gave, the young bird interviewing gave her an absolute roasting. Sturgeon, used to having her ass kissed up here, was floundering. Lost in translation claimed Sturgeon, as if something that clear cut could be lost in translation, no it was faithfully recorded by the civil servant you foolish person. The memo did not hurt her up here as the muppet vote was always secured but it did set her off to naively demonstrate her anti Tory credentials and in the process help Cameron and damage Miliband. Thank you for that Ms Sturgeon. She's still the toast of Conservative central office.

The original memo said that something might have been lost in translation, the French Ambassador denies anybody mentioned Cameron, Carmichael says that the memo was inaccurate. Good job on making yourself look more idiotic than normal.

Strange how everyone actually present at the meeting say it never happened. And the civil servant taking the notes off a telephone call days later admitted they might not be accurate. And even Alistair Carmichael admitted they weren't. About as conclusive as you can possibly get I would have thought.

yet when Sturgeon was pursued on what was actually said she clammed up and mumbled some unconvincing nonsense. The truth is surely she did intimate these sentiments and they were recorded correctly, just because the French ambassador guy has distanced himself to save face doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why should it be a surprise to anyone that Sturgeon wanted a Tory government? In her wee mind that means a proletariat revolt up here and more yes votes - and that's her bottom line: another ref vote.

yet when Sturgeon was pursued on what was actually said she clammed up and mumbled some unconvincing nonsense. The truth is surely she did intimate these sentiments and they were recorded correctly, just because the French ambassador guy has distanced himself to save face doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why should it be a surprise to anyone that Sturgeon wanted a Tory government? In her wee mind that means a proletariat revolt up here and more yes votes - and that's her bottom line: another ref vote.

So Sturgeon's lying, the French Ambassador's lying, the Consul's lying, the civil servant who took the third hand notes was lying when he said they might not be accurate, and Carmichael lied "again" when he said they weren't . Anybody else?

So Sturgeon's lying, the French Ambassador's lying, the Consul's lying, the civil servant who took the third hand notes was lying when he said they might not be accurate, and Carmichael lied "again" when he said they weren't . Anybody else?

Alex Salmond? Non-existent EU advice?

;)

The Shetland Times has an online petition here on whether he should resign his position as Northern Isles MP.

So far 96% have voted Yes!

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2015/05/22/carmichael-accepts-full-responsibility-for-memo-leak

Call me a cynic, but I have suspicions that people who are not residents or Orkney and Shetland may have been voting on this.

Call me a cynic, but I have suspicions that people who are not residents or Orkney and Shetland may have been voting on this.

Carmichael himself is an Islayman and I love Laphroaig.

Anyway, outrageous if he stays. A debacle that involved a foreign govt and cost us £1.4m?!!

and we can easily deduce that because Orkney and Shetland dont have internet yet!

Watch the Sky interview, as I said Sturgeon likes the idea of more yes voters more than she does who is in number 10 and your snp approved take that the civil servant wrote down something that was a complete fabrication is more implausible Ms Sturgeon's denials or other politicians covering it up.

Watch the Sky interview, as I said Sturgeon likes the idea of more yes voters more than she does who is in number 10 and your snp approved take that the civil servant wrote down something that was a complete fabrication is more implausible Ms Sturgeon's denials or other politicians covering it

The civil servant admitted that he probably got it wrong, as in "unlikely" and "lost in translation". I know you find it hard to back up what you post, but do you have a link for this interview?

The world has waited with bated breath and finally the man has spoken.

The thoughts of Willie Rennie

Scottish Liberal Democrat Leader Willie Rennie has just issued this statement acknowledging the seriousness of Alistair Carmichael’s actions but saying that the Orkney and Shetland MP deserves a second chance.

I have discussed the serious nature of the publication of the Scotland Office document with Alistair Carmichael. He fully understands the impact it has had on his reputation. He deeply regrets his actions, has accepted responsibility for his error of judgement, apologised to Nicola Sturgeon and the French Ambassador and declined his ministerial severance payment.

I have known Alistair for almost thirty years and have worked closely with him in parliament for almost a decade. I have always been impressed by his energy, dedication and professionalism. He has served Orkney and Shetland for fourteen years and has been elected on four separate occasions. It is clear to me that recent events are an aberration.

As a liberal I believe that people deserve a second chance. I hope fair minded people would agree that Alistair Carmichael should be given that second chance.

Yesterday, the Scottish Liberal Democrat Party Executive met and gave Alistair Carmichael its support. He has my support too.

Alistair will now get back to his job representing Orkney and Shetland.

Watch the Sky interview, as I said Sturgeon likes the idea of more yes voters more than she does who is in number 10 and your snp approved take that the civil servant wrote down something that was a complete fabrication is more implausible Ms Sturgeon's denials or other politicians covering it up.

She want's independence? And to be ruled by the Tories in London?

And the campaigns to get Carmichael and Mundell out... where do they fit into this grand scheme?

And, can you blame it on Hearts' debt?

The world has waited with bated breath and finally the man has spoken.

The thoughts of Willie Rennie

I totally agree with Willie Rennie; Carmichael deserves a 'second chance'.

He should resign and fight a by-election and give his constituents a second chance to decide if they want him as their MP.

Archived