Nicola & the french ambassador (revisited)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah well he said he was sorry and the cost of the investigation to find him out after lying isn't an issue really.Silly wee mistake that anybody could forget making so obviously he shouldn't need to resign as we know he is honest as the day is long.

Ludicrous.

But, significantly, the inquiry concluded that the memo itself was genuine and “an accurate record of the conversation that took place between him (the civil servant) and the French Consul General”.

Wait.

How did they get this record of events? Did she say it or not?

I presume she didn't but the Indy are being fannies.

No surprise to see the story dumped out with the trash (as the west wing called it, since Saturday newspapers are far less relevant).

Wait.

How did they get this record of events? Did she say it or not?

I presume she didn't but the Indy are being fannies.

No surprise to see the story dumped out with the trash (as the west wing called it, since Saturday newspapers are far less relevant).

Carmichael, the Ambassador and his colleague in Edinburgh said she didn't, and the civil servant who took third hand notes on it said it may have been lost in translation. I doubt the print copy of the Indie will have the same line, it's a good paper but the online version is awful, just a load of twitter recycling.

From a purely political point of view I suspect that deep down many in the SNP are not that unhappy at a Tory government - they will see it is a bit of short-term pain for long-term gain. Having a majority Tory government I believe makes it easier for them to renege on any promises they made previously over a second referendum.

If Labour had scraped into power - and ended up being propped up by the SNP I think could have harmed the SNP. Now they can play the oppositionalist card whilst still being a party of government.

From a purely political point of view I suspect that deep down many in the SNP are not that unhappy at a Tory government - they will see it is a bit of short-term pain for long-term gain. Having a majority Tory government I believe makes it easier for them to renege on any promises they made previously over a second referendum.

If Labour had scraped into power - and ended up being propped up by the SNP I think could have harmed the SNP. Now they can play the oppositionalist card whilst still being a party of government.

Ah! The silver lining to the cloud that was the no-vote to self-determination?

CFq12izWMAA7n2W.jpg

I caught the interview on Sky News Sturgeon gave, the young bird interviewing gave her an absolute roasting. Sturgeon, used to having her ass kissed up here, was floundering. Lost in translation claimed Sturgeon, as if something that clear cut could be lost in translation, no it was faithfully recorded by the civil servant you foolish person. The memo did not hurt her up here as the muppet vote was always secured but it did set her off to naively demonstrate her anti Tory credentials and in the process help Cameron and damage Miliband. Thank you for that Ms Sturgeon. She's still the toast of Conservative central office.

Archived