East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitburn's game confirmed at Central Park tomorrow

Fantastic news. Been a long time coming but great to be home again. Must be the most difficult start Whitburn have ever had to a season between away games, injuries and suspensions. Let's hope that things begin to improve for the team. They deserve it and have played out of their skin against all the odds.

Great news that Whitburn are back home. This will prevent any other teams playing silly buggers over the venues in a bid to get a small advantage.

Shuggie thats a poor post, a lot of teams felt last year that Whitburn got a slight advantage by playing on the worst astro in scotland and also not having one changinging room but 2 small ones ,which might not sound alot but is poor when you are trying to give team talks.

i am personlly happy that they are back on there own pitch which i think is one of the best surfaces going about.

The same could be said of your post, is a park no mater it's condition the same for both teams. Whitburn circumstances was out with their control, now they're back home playing things will be better all round for everyone

no i dont think so, whitburn players got used to playing on this astro, others teams didnt and yes it was outwith there control so not having a go at them, but that astro was the worse playing surface i have seen, we played on it when it had been chucking it down and there was puddles everywhere, if there park wasnt ready i would have been happy to play them on another junior teams park. glad there back though

Shuggie thats a poor post, a lot of teams felt last year that Whitburn got a slight advantage by playing on the worst astro in scotland and also not having one changinging room but 2 small ones ,which might not sound alot but is poor when you are trying to give team talks.

i am personlly happy that they are back on there own pitch which i think is one of the best surfaces going about.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but even Whitburn supporters acknowledge that the playing surface at Central Park isn't great, which makes the argument for not playing on the Academy astroturf all the stranger - there are plenty of worse pitches (and probably changing rooms too) that teams have to play on.

The point is, all the teams knew that it was only a matter of weeks before Whitburn were back at Central Park. After being accommodating for the last season and a half, surely another few weeks wasn't too much to ask.

no i dont think so, whitburn players got used to playing on this astro, others teams didnt and yes it was outwith there control so not having a go at them, but that astro was the worse playing surface i have seen, we played on it when it had been chucking it down and there was puddles everywhere, if there park wasnt ready i would have been happy to play them on another junior teams park. glad there back though

Surely that's what's meant by home advantage - all teams are more used to their own playing surface irrespective what it's made of.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but even Whitburn supporters acknowledge that the playing surface at Central Park isn't great, which makes the argument for not playing on the Academy astroturf all the stranger - there are plenty of worse pitches (and probably changing rooms too) that teams have to play on.

The point is, all the teams knew that it was only a matter of weeks before Whitburn were back at Central Park. After being accommodating for the last season and a half, surely another few weeks wasn't too much to ask.

The fact was, Whitburn played there all last season despite not having permission from the Region to do so, and it was a bit of a cock-up that the Region didn't discover this until the start of this season!

That said, good to see them back home.

It was certainly a howler! he almost repeated it in injury time. He was out most dangerous player ;)

tbh burnie man you offered nothing. On another day we would have you well tucked away. You were well organised but apart from that a very ordinary team. In fact Played 2 or 3 better teams this season already. Skinky is a top goalie your goalie could not lace his boots

Archived