East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

I think what frustrates many people is that over the last few seasons the division has regularly been "skewed" so to speak with clubs who - out of the blue - benefit from an injection of money and new players which immediately takes them to promotion ahead of clubs who stick within their means and try to build sustainably.

More often than not these clubs end up back where they came from as the money dries up and the players head elsewhere for the next pay packet. Boom and bust is never good for anyone. Some clubs folded because of it and others clung on by the skin of their teeth.

Everyone knew before the start of the season that there was effectively one promotion spot up for offer given the very large (for our division) injection of cash into Tranent which enabled them to buy/attract players from Superleague clubs. Of course it's their business how they go about running their club and good luck to them, only time will tell if this is sustainable long term.

What's yer thoughts on Easthouses then Burnie_man considering what league theyve came from ?

No much difference between eosfl and juniors then ?

Don't think they've spent loads but seem to be easily holding their own in your league ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes a team that was near the top of the East of Scotland league is holding its own in one of the bottom junior divisions.
I suppose the teams they've beat so far in the league, Kirkcaldy Ym, Stoneyburn, Pumpherston and West Calder are probably the same.
Chill oot bud was nae looking for argument just they were 2nd tier eos not long ago.Was mainly asking Burnie_man as he mentioned finance and I didn't think Easthouses would be splashing cash.What your basically saying then is these teams are weakest in League and Easthouses are in a false position just now then ?

Chill oot bud was nae looking for argument just they were 2nd tier eos not long ago. Was mainly asking Burnie_man as he mentioned finance and I didn't think Easthouses would be splashing cash. What your basically saying then is these teams are weakest in League and Easthouses are in a false position just now then ?

Easthouses will enhance this league, they might not get out of it, but a lot of us are in the same boat. I remember the times when EOS teams were brushed aside by the junior teams of old, but times have changed and this league is a shade better than the current EOS set up. I wouldn't say they are in a false position, they are there on merit, but there is a long way to go and many twists and turns. As for finance, well if you have nowt, you are in good company as most of the teams just manage to survive. I think there are 6 or 7 teams this season, that will be in with a shout of promotion.

What's yer thoughts on Easthouses then Burnie_man considering what league theyve came from ? No much difference between eosfl and juniors then ? Don't think they've spent loads but seem to be easily holding their own in your league ?

I’ll tell you after we play them on Saturday! on the face of it they have started well which is what I would expect of a team who were a bawhair away from winning the East of Scotland Premier League, dropping into the bottom Junior division in the East Region.

When I saw them last season at CSS I thought they looked a solid outfit who would finish top half. Certainly a good addition to the Juniors by the looks of it.

Some guys seem to think they have the inside track on a lot of teams financial dealings when in fact it's just made up nonsense. For what it's worth I've heard from a very reliable source that the sums paid to Tranent players are quite modest by some standards. The number of young and local players in the squad are attracted by the direction the club is heading in.

Need a pie stand though lol

Some guys seem to think they have the inside track on a lot of teams financial dealings when in fact it's just made up nonsense. For what it's worth I've heard from a very reliable source that the sums paid to Tranent players are quite modest by some standards. The number of young and local players in the squad are attracted by the direction the club is heading in.

Need a pie stand though lol

all of a sudden everyone wants to go back to their hometown team, because of the direction they going, aye right. I think its great that a local businessman wants to put some money in to his local club and has joined the committee as well. all that I have read is honest opinions on what has happened in the past with similar clubs. it can only be good for tranent whilst the person has an interest and that is the key. they where allegedly going in that direction before money was pumped in and they couldnt attract decent players, so enjoy it while you can, the rest of the teams wish it was them.

Just found out that Saturday’s game at home to Easthouses Lily will be the last on grass at New Murrayfield Park, work starts on Monday on the new 3G surface which will hopefully be completed by the end of the year.

In the meantime, home games will be shifted next door to the “middle park”, which is the opposite side to the old ground.

Just found out that Saturday’s game at home to Easthouses Lily will be the last on grass at New Murrayfield Park, work starts on Monday on the new 3G surface which will hopefully be completed by the end of the year.

In the meantime, home games will be shifted next door to the “middle park”, which is the opposite side to the old ground.

Onwards and upwards. Good news for the club

None of the easthouses squad get a signing on fee, we actually all pay 5pounds a week to wear the shirt, if you don't pay you don't play, so what we do have is good local lads who just want to play football!

Fair play to the lads ????

None of the easthouses squad get a signing on fee, we actually all pay 5pounds a week to wear the shirt, if you don't pay you don't play, so what we do have is good local lads who just want to play football!

Was speaking to Davie at Stoneyburn game and he says team and himself all enjoying the change over to juniors,hope you go on to do well this season.

It's interesting amongst the talk of clubs suddenly getting a financial boost that no one ever mentions Dalkeith Thistle- from being a lowly club they've transformed King's Park and have nearly reached the Superleague in recent years. I think some money's gone in there but there must have been some hard work by the committee and management as well (including the leg-endary Willie Pearson)

Blackburn United 4 Easthouses Lily 1

Lawrie 2 (2 x pens), Mildren, Spence

Mildren put Blackburn ahead stabbing home from close range before a soft penalty was awarded when Cooke burst through and went down under a challenge from the keeper who was shown a yellow. Lawrie converted. Lily got one back just before the interval. Second half Lily come out the stronger but their keeper then sells the shirts, collecting an over hit through ball but then kicking out at Callum McDowall who was chasing it in. A straight red and Lawrie converts the second penalty past the sub keeper. Spence scored a fourth before Lily are reduced to nine men for an elbow.

Good people running Easthouses, just a few players that let their side down today.

Bridge of don 2 Rosyth 2 ,2 up an cruising they got the softest pen I have ever seen ,then equaliser with a sqlaff,got to say they are a good team but very physical and another ref won't let them away with some of the tackles the had

Blackburn United 4 Easthouses Lily 1

Lawrie 2 (2 x pens), Mildren, Spence

Mildren put Blackburn ahead stabbing home from close range before a soft penalty was awarded when Cooke burst through and went down under a challenge from the keeper who was shown a yellow. Lawrie converted. Lily got one back just before the interval. Second half Lily come out the stronger but their keeper then sells the shirts, collecting an over hit through ball but then kicking out at Callum McDowall who was chasing it in. A straight red and Lawrie converts the second penalty past the sub keeper. Spence scored a fourth before Lily are reduced to nine men for an elbow.

Good people running Easthouses, just a few players that let their side down today.

No mention that it was a wonder volley on the weak foot for us nah? Shocking!!!

Archived