East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

Rosyth 2-0 Dunbar

Terrible team performance from Dunbar 2nd week in a row, apart from Connor who replaced jinky in goals and pulled off some great saves.. Dunbar had man sent off early doors for an amateur last man challenge, how tam hampson stayed on the park I don't know after retaliating badly to a fair challenge.. To then put Rosyth ahead minutes later. Well done to Rosyth though overall..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitburn 4-3. Tranent bubble burst.

Great game and good result for Whitburn and the league in general. Tranent are a good outfit, but nothing great. Certainly nowhere near as good as some of the posts on here would have us believe.

Special mention to Gary Brass for his 4 goals, but it was a good team effort. Also makes a change to have a decent referee, although I think he was conned for Tranents penalty.

Rosyth 2-0 Dunbar

Terrible team performance from Dunbar 2nd week in a row, apart from Connor who replaced jinky in goals and pulled off some great saves.. Dunbar had man sent off early doors for an amateur last man challenge, how tam hampson stayed on the park I don't know after retaliating badly to a fair challenge.. To then put Rosyth ahead minutes later. Well done to Rosyth though overall..

poor post mate, dunbar were the better team most of the second half and we were hanging on at one point but we also hit the bar as for tams retaliation , yes he shouldn't be pushing the boy in the back like a naughty school boy but fair challenge don't think so, count the stud marks down tams ankle then tell me it was fair, it was a very hard tackle that on another day was a foul but got to say the ref made a few strange decisions today that got both teams frustrated. i thought we played well first half but dunbar were defo the better team in the second half and in Darren Gillion you have a great player in midfield who bullied our 2 young boys in spells and showed them how good they have to be if they want to play higher .as for us we have played better this season and lost so i am glad we got a bit of luck today and won.

Great game and good result for Whitburn and the league in general. Tranent are a good outfit, but nothing great. Certainly nowhere near as good as some of the posts on here would have us believe.

Special mention to Gary Brass for his 4 goals, but it was a good team effort. Also makes a change to have a decent referee, although I think he was conned for Tranents penalty.

was a good game and the boy up top was on fire today however to come out with the ref being decent lol is beyond me.think he had a wager on yous to win with mcbookie,he stunk the place out

Tranent remind me of other poorly supported teams like Bathgate, Ballingry and Edinburgh Utd. Someone with a bit of money comes in, buys a few players from clubs above their station, go up a league or two and when the money man disappears because he is not backed by supporters they come back down where they belong. Watch this space.

poor post mate, dunbar were the better team most of the second half and we were hanging on at one point but we also hit the bar as for tams retaliation , yes he shouldn't be pushing the boy in the back like a naughty school boy but fair challenge don't think so, count the stud marks down tams ankle then tell me it was fair, it was a very hard tackle that on another day was a foul but got to say the ref made a few strange decisions today that got both teams frustrated. i thought we played well first half but dunbar were defo the better team in the second half and in Darren Gillion you have a great player in midfield who bullied our 2 young boys in spells and showed them how good they have to be if they want to play higher .as for us we have played better this season and lost so i am glad we got a bit of luck today and won.

Awrite fair play on the retaliation... I was at the other end of the ground and from where I was standing it just looked like he was muscled off the ball and retaliated, il hold my hands up for that one, as for Gillon he probably

Had his best game so far for Dunbar today.. Up to now I hadn't been overly impressed with him but hopefully there's more similar to today's performances or better to come from him, I agree Dunbar were better 2nd half but did they really test your keeper for all the possession they had? a few strange substitutions imo from the Dunbar management today taking off your right midfielder and bringing on another CB when 2-0 down seemed a bit strange to me as a supporter as well as taking off Sam Young even though he's lacking in a bit of match sharpness after being hampered with injury early season, but as I say I'm just a supporter with an opinion.. I'm

Not the management... And at the end of the day.. Well done Rosyth!

Think they put the centre back on because Gillian had went back to centre half and our midfield was winning the battle so put him back in midfield to sort that out,which it did.sam going off to be honest I was happy with that and prob changed it cause the young boy who came on had pace to burn and they then tried to go long to use his pace,Sam and paddy were having a real battle and to be honest paddy was winning so I can see why Geoff changed it,king being injured didn't help you but you are still a very good team and will bounce back

Tranent remind me of other poorly supported teams like Bathgate, Ballingry and Edinburgh Utd. Someone with a bit of money comes in, buys a few players from clubs above their station, go up a league or two and when the money man disappears because he is not backed by supporters they come back down where they belong. Watch this space.

Back in the day Tranent used to have a fairly good support- I don't know if they've all died off but it's only in the last few years that Belters games have been sparsely attended.

Old East Lothian lads tell of the day in the late 70s Tranent played Dunbar and there were more arrests at that game than at Hearts v Celtic on the same day!!

Think they put the centre back on because Gillian had went back to centre half and our midfield was winning the battle so put him back in midfield to sort that out,which it did.sam going off to be honest I was happy with that and prob changed it cause the young boy who came on had pace to burn and they then tried to go long to use his pace,Sam and paddy were having a real battle and to be honest paddy was winning so I can see why Geoff changed it,king being injured didn't help you but you are still a very good team and will bounce back

I agree Paddy was winning the battle between the two today, good solid centre back you have there.

Aye and I can mind when whitburn used to have money,look where that got them,trumpet !!!!!

You are bang on half wit. Tranent were once one of the best supported around. We have over 100 season ticket holders this year and average home gate has been 150. You are all way of the mark with the money man! I'm not going to explain myself on here, come to AGM next year. I'll bet my bottom dollar our Managers spend is less than other teams in our league.

Yesterday game was great spectacle for junior football, 2 teams going at it hammer and tong. Whitburn worked hard and we were well below par, the boys showed great spirit in the second half. That was the pleasing thing for all at the club, first time in that situation and the boys battled hard. You could see what it meant to use, the reaction was shocking at the end. All the best for the rest of the season.

Archived