East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

Well if it's true and they have played, then why do it and risk sanction from the Region if there is no advantage at all to be gained?

Re Harthill, down to 13 clubs, will the Region now move Lochore Welfare over to keep the divison at 14 clubs which is supposed to be the operating minimum?

maybe they feel games would benefit the players rather than training. not trying to seek an advantage. although blackburn could do with a headstart on us this year, they will need it

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe they feel games would benefit the players rather than training. not trying to seek an advantage. although blackburn could do with a headstart on us this year, they will need it

Aye of course, silly me.

Aye of course, silly me.

If games benefit players rather than training (which most would agree) then isn't that your advantage right there?

At the start of the season when every other team in the league will have had 2-3 weeks of match fitness and Tranent will have 4-5?

For what it's worth it's a pish rule that needs changed but blatantly ignoring it isn't the way to go about it.

Every team will have wee bounce games v themselves in training, is it any different to having "a training game" with another club joining in "your training session"??? No permits, no refs, no strips in some cases. If players get injured then it's the same situation as happens when they are injured in training. Whether people agree with it or not, there's ways around it!!

Every team will have wee bounce games v themselves in training, is it any different to having "a training game" with another club joining in "your training session"??? No permits, no refs, no strips in some cases. If players get injured then it's the same situation as happens when they are injured in training. Whether people agree with it or not, there's ways around it!!

There shouldn't need to be "ways round it" as we should be able to play from the start of July in the first place, however nobody challenged it at the AGM therefore all clubs should respect the rule and not look for "ways round it". Maybe somebody needs to propose a change at next seasons AGM.

Anyway, as soon as you play against another club whether there is a Ref or not, and the Region find out, you're in bother.

Both clubs can train together though, no rules against it, just a training session after all. :-) for the record I've not been involved in any club that has actually done it.

I agree, shouldn't need ways round it but it's the most ridiculous ruling I've heard, can't understand why clubs haven't got it changed before now. Is it not only the east region that stick with that rule?

Think the team involved should get a 15 point penalty from the start of the season:-) .that would stop them allegedly bending the rules it would also give us lesser teams a chance this season:-)

Also the rule is pants but nobody brought it up at the meeting so got to live with it.

Gutted about harthill they were looking no bad near the end of the season

We (Glenrothes) had thought we may be starting the season midweek so left Saturday 1st August free so we could train ahead of a midweek opener.

As it's Saturday the 8th the season kicks off we are now looking for a game (away) on Saturday 1st August.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

Are you now in the South League or merely posting in this forum looking to play a South League team ?

We're in the north league next season and would prefer to play a team from outwith our league which is why I posted here.

Cheers

How's your squad coming along Lee what new signings have Rosyth made pal

Coming along Braw to be honest,haven't signed a lot as had a good base to work with already .think we have brought 4 in.

Still no decision on the downfield appeal as it will probably go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

As a result there will be no North division or Premier league for this season and all the clubs in these divisions will be in abeyance until it is resolved in March 2016.

Archived