East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its early doors but its been quite quiet so far from other teams apart from Tranent regarding transfers, any rumours/facts regarding who their teams could be/have signing/signed?

Not heard much from a Dunbar perspective so far other than that apparently both Haddington and Dalkeith have had bids for Sam Young rejected by the club recently.

Well I think Blackburn had the squad re-signed up early doors, and have made a number of additions (not entirely sure who yet), so things should be fairly settled come pre-season.

you have signed craig hepburn that played for us at the tail end of the season, good player and a nice guy.

You told us there was a dividing line and Lochore would have to move East.

I expected they would move move South, not East.........which would be the sensible move to make.

Someone is claiming it's Kirkcaldy which seems a little strange, unless the powers that be have taken a ruler to a map and worked out Kirkcaldy is further south geographically.

Can you confirm?

Are you suggesting the powers that be make decisions as they go along?

Surely no!

I'd never suggest that...........

Kirkcaldy YM are the furthest south geographically, looking in my Ladybird World Atlas, however as you basically drive past the turn off for Crosshill on the way to Kirkcaldy (unless you go the scenic route) added to the fact they are Lochgelly's near neighbours, it would make more sense to me that Lochore were moved.

However I suppose if you want a hard and fast rule you have to go with the geographical measure.

Lochore is at least 5 miles further south than Kirkcaldy but who needs an AA route planner when you've got a ladybird atlas and a foot ruIe.

Not sure that's right looking at some interwebby maps.

I take it geography was not a subject patriot 2 took at school ?

I would imagine he is viewing the A92 as a more 'north to south' Road instead of 'West to east'. I am guessing that the League split was done close to that basis with the A92 being judged generally a northerly running road coming from a Lothians direction which is how Kirkcaldy find themselves (currently?) in the North with us in the South.

IMO this only highlights the stupid idea of North/south teams juggling between leagues, no one can even agree who's further north!!! Wonder if officials will clarify how they make such decisions?

Good turn out for the reforming of Supporters Club.

Next meeting for anyone who is interested in joining is monday 22nd in Social Club at 8pm

from our facebook page. this is good to see

How do you get to the Facebook page?

Archived