East Region South Division Thread 2015-2016

Burnie_man

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On this form few teams will beat Whitburn. They outclassed a strong Sauchie outfit and our goalie had few saves to make. Hope we get a competitive match this weekend.

good first post mate....

How many points do you get for winning a friendly?

Very true Legend5 no points for friendlies but I think Burnie lad is making the point that how Whitburn looked more like the super league team rather than the other way about.

Whitburn should take great heart from the game beating a team from the top league so convincingly and IF they can take this form into the league then they have a right good chance of promotion.

good first post mate....

How many points do you get for winning a friendly?

Well legend I think that everybody knows how many points you get from a friendly. All I was saying is that if Whitburn play to this form, few teams will beat them. After our first half a dozen games when we were missing five players we did start badly losing three games, two of which we finished with ten players on the field and quotes on P&B had us written off and Tranent,Easthouses and Dunbar were assumed to be favourites. Gorgieman at the time reminded folks not to write Whitburn off and as you will know they haven't dropped a point since then. Still a long way to go and a lot of points to be won and lost but hey ho!!!

We've beaten higher division teams in bounce games this season, we've also lost to amateur and U19 teams. They are just a run out for players particularly those not getting a game and the main point is not to get injured, nothing else.

Are blackburn on grass or is there Astro ready?

Nope, weather has held things up by the look of it, will be January now I expect. the pitch is down and marked out last time I looked but there's still a few things to be done, then it needs tested of course.

Surprised that we have been given two home games on the trot on the temporary pitch, particularly as we're at home to West Calder on Saturday who we haven't played yet, and who have not played a home league game in three months!

Managed along to Tranent today and seriously this game could have finished 15-3

Tranent made a lot of changes with 5 first team regulars starting on the bench

Not the best crowd but it was a poor day weather wise but Tranent seem to have a few regulars now which is good

Archived