Biggest clubs (Stirling and Clyde)

My order after Clyde would be Stirling - East Fife - and thats it. Both have had sustained periods fluctuating between tiers 2 & 3 in my lifetime, Arbroath are more of a tiers 3 - 4 mob. If i was given a job restructuring the leagues though, id have Clyde in tier 2 of 3x14, with none of the league2 diddies joining them at all. I'd throw Peterhead, Stenhousemuir, Forfar, Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath in among them. Our place is competing with Alloa, Airdrie, Ayr, Stranraer, Brechin and Dumbarton as the country's best part time team.

Deluded as ever

Fantastic stuff, the only thing Clyde come top of this league in is their delusions of grandeur, second only to the Newco in the country

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, smallballs, i'd wager that no more than three clubs have spent more seasons in tier 2 than us since reconstruction in 74/75. Until relegation in 2009, we were the longest serving by a distance (Since 2000).....and throughout from 1978 until 1991 spent only two seasons out of it. I'd look at perhaps Raith Rovers as being one of the clubs to better it....but i can count on the fingers of one hand that they have finished above us in the same league.

The bigger crowds argument is flawed as well. Clyde boost other club's figures by bringing hundreds of fans every second week whereas visiting supports to Broadwood could usually fit on a couple of minibuses.

Clyde have the history

But we have a better ground these days that's ours and we get bigger crowds every season

You want to come back down to earth and join the humans, with ridiculous statememts like Gayfield is better than Broadwood. By far and away the most modern ground outwith the top two divisions, except Hampden which should be stricken from the discussion. People's childish attitudes about the place, shaped by the club's continued demonising of the stadium for all our ills, nor its location (and Gayfields, New Bayview or Forthbank) take nothing away from the fact its a fucking lovely ground. We'll show you how easy it is to throw up a stand and some terracing next year Trudie.

You want to come back down to earth and join the humans, with ridiculous statememts like Gayfield is better than Broadwood. By far and away the most modern ground outwith the top two divisions, except Hampden which should be stricken from the discussion. People's childish attitudes about the place, shaped by the club's continued demonising of the stadium for all our ills, nor its location (and Gayfields, New Bayview or Forthbank) take nothing away from the fact its a fucking lovely ground. We'll show you how easy it is to throw up a stand and some terracing next year Trudie.

Broadwood isn't yours

Shettleston looks like a shitehole

Broadwood isn't yours

Shettleston looks like a shitehole

I didn't say it was ours....you said Gayfield was better....it doesnt matter who owns it, uses it or maintains it....Broadwood is a better ground than Gayfield. And in three years, so will Greenfield Park be. Quite how we can be responsible for somewhere we havent been yet is beyond me. Any more Martin Luther King moments lately Bamber??

I didn't say it was ours....you said Gayfield was better....it doesnt matter who owns it, uses it or maintains it....Broadwood is a better ground than Gayfield. And in three years, so will Greenfield Park be. Quite how we can be responsible for somewhere we havent been yet is beyond me. Any more Martin Luther King moments lately Bamber??

For league two, Gayfield is a far superior ground compared to Broadwood.

Archived