Sign in to follow this  
Elixir

The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

Aye I remember Hartley greeting about being bullied by Shields. Who was practically a midget. Amusing stuff.

Another one who was too much of a jakey to make it by the sound of it.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

You're quite possibly right tbf.

My impression of him is that his confidence is far too fragile and that he needs a commanding, aggressive player beside him. Big problem for him is that pretty much every player he's partnered has been an O'Hanlon / Nelson / McPake level uber-diddy. He probably had a bit of potential once but his confidence (probably not helped by injuries) looks irreversibly shredded now.

Seeing as we have Forster there as a promising option, I'd give him one more start to a season alongside our best CB in years. He wasn't too bad last year when fit. If there's no improvement in a decent, settled defence, he should get punted.

I'm glad you feel that way about McPake. He's a charlatan and the only Hibs player to boil my pish more than Hanlon.

I'm glad you feel that way about McPake. He's a charlatan and the only Hibs player to boil my pish more than Hanlon.

It says a lot about the quality of the league we are in that Hanlon look good last season. This might sound harsh because he's not doing too much wrong at the moment but when we do go up I we have someone better to partner Fonts. Hopefully that player is

Forster, I think there is a cracking player in there.

Biggest decision of the summer in a few hours.... short sleeved or long sleeved

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Isn't Hanlon the one who hit the seagull with the ball? Easily the highlight of last season for us.

Isn't Hanlon the one who hit the seagull with the ball? Easily the highlight of last season for us.

That was Booth

Biggest decision of the summer in a few hours.... short sleeved or long sleeved

Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Tough choice mate :(.

Ordered the full kit online just now. Hoping it's here tomorrow morning.

A truly stellar signing. :lol:

David Gray was released by Burton Albion and he's better than anything you have. Stubbs can spot a player,. Anyway, have you paid back those charities yet or handed back the three cups you cheated to win?

Just noticed on Twitter that you have signed Marvin Bartley. I was a Bournemouth Season Ticket holder during his spell at the club and you've just signed a top drawer player. Bartley will boss most Midfield's and is an absolute class act.

He was Eddie Howe's First signing when he left the club and went to Burnley and when he came back to Bournemouth for his 2nd spell he tried to sign him again however was allegedly told that e would have to stump up between £6-8 million for him.

Not sure what happened to Bartley after that but I do know you've just signed a guy who'll take to very very quickly and will be amongst the best Centre Midfielders not only in the Championship but in Scotland.

So he's an £8m rated midfielder who's now playing for hibs in the 2nd tier of Scottish fitba?

And I thought Bill Cosby had a big fall from grace.

Just noticed on Twitter that you have signed Marvin Bartley. I was a Bournemouth Season Ticket holder during his spell at the club and you've just signed a top drawer player. Bartley will boss most Midfield's and is an absolute class act.

He was Eddie Howe's First signing when he left the club and went to Burnley and when he came back to Bournemouth for his 2nd spell he tried to sign him again however was allegedly told that e would have to stump up between £6-8 million for him.

Not sure what happened to Bartley after that but I do know you've just signed a guy who'll take to very very quickly and will be amongst the best Centre Midfielders not only in the Championship but in Scotland.

Good to hear he has quality, going to be an exciting season I think.. if The Rangers sign any players that is.

Thanks mate. Generally happy with the singing.

That midfield of

Carmichael Fyvie Allan Bartley :wub: