The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's Scotsman includes a number of quotes from the SRU heid honcho, and makes it sound like it's almost a done deal: Edinburgh Rugby will play a couple of games at ER next season before it becomes permanent (presumably the season after).

It would mean additional income which is always welcome (provided it's spent wisely) but would also mean between 14 & 17 competitive rugby games on it each season. For comparison there were only 23 football matches on it this season, including 4 cup-ties and 1 playoff.

My concern would be with the state of the pitch, which has been fairly poor at certain points in the last few years... they moved 11 reserve games off it to Meadowbank, then Livingston, then Ainslie Park, to reduce damage and rugby union will effect far more wear-n-tear than those.

It would make sense for Edinburgh Rugby as Murrayfield is far too big.

I'm not as up to date with these things as in previous years - who have we actually got under contract for next season?

Lewis Stevenson.

Fraser Fyvie

David Gray.

James Keatings.

You're welcome.

Cheers Rod. Any chance of a pay rise though?

The only 'rise' you will see from me is when I rise to the top of the SPFL board.

Thanks Mr Petrie, pass on my thanks to Sir Tom.

Thank you sir.

That is more like it.

I would issue out one of my Green Reputable Arrow Markers to each of you, but there is a limited amount to spend.

If fans of Hibernian spend enough Green Reputable Arrow Markers upfront, I will be able allocate a larger portion of GRAMs to the spending budget.

Yours financially,

I, Rod Petrie

As a Glasgow Warriors season ticket holder, I feel that Edinburgh Rugby may get it in the neck when Hibs lose at home. In the same way that we did at Firhill. "Well, eh, we're playing crap the noo at home. The lads cannae help it though. It's they egg chasers knackerin' the pitch and no allowin' us tae play oor proper fitbaw".

As a Glasgow Warriors season ticket holder, I feel that Edinburgh Rugby may get it in the neck when Hibs lose at home. In the same way that we did at Firhill. "Well, eh, we're playing crap the noo at home. The lads cannae help it though. It's they egg chasers knackerin' the pitch and no allowin' us tae play oor proper fitbaw".

Fair points though?

Perhaps, but the visitors coming from Firhill with at least a point would have found it ok. Why don't Hibs and the SRU suggest a joint venture and arrange for a synthetic pitch to be installed then everybody wins. However, in the north of England there are many footy teams that share a ground with rugby league sides on grass pitches and it's been like that for years. Not even a hint of a disagreement to the press thus far.

Archived