The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

Edit: On Hanlon, he isn't as terrible as some make out but I don't understand why some seem to rate him highly either. He's a bang average, lower SPL level player at best.

This for me sums up the problem with Hibs over the last few years.

I think you're overrating him there. He's played about 100 matches in the SPL/Premiership more than he should have, he's soft as shite and has been the constant in a joke defence that's had umpteen embarrassments.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a forum reader apart from here, so don't really recall that one. The stuff I hear getting offered up by the tactical geniuses around me is without fail, complete guff.

This was about 10 years ago.

There was a wee group at Easter Road who would boo Whittaker because they wanted Jay Shields at right-back.

Whittaker has went on to play in the EPL and earn 29 caps.

Jay Shields currently plays for Bo'ness.

This was about 10 years ago.

There was a wee group at Easter Road who would boo Whittaker because they wanted Jay Shields at right-back.

Whittaker has went on to play in the EPL and earn 29 caps.

Jay Shields currently plays for Bo'ness.

Jay was decent. Thought he would taken the right back position when Whittaker left.

Aye that's my only memory of Jay, fucking took Lennon out one game aswell?

I'd agree we're short in midfield even if this guy signs, as soon as Allan or fyvie are out the midfield looks pretty poor.

Crunched Hartley in the game where Benji scored and went batshit mental.

This for me sums up the problem with Hibs over the last few years.

I think you're overrating him there. He's played about 100 matches in the SPL/Premiership more than he should have, he's soft as shite and has been the constant in a joke defence that's had umpteen embarrassments.

You're quite possibly right tbf.

My impression of him is that his confidence is far too fragile and that he needs a commanding, aggressive player beside him. Big problem for him is that pretty much every player he's partnered has been an O'Hanlon / Nelson / McPake level uber-diddy. He probably had a bit of potential once but his confidence (probably not helped by injuries) looks irreversibly shredded now.

Seeing as we have Forster there as a promising option, I'd give him one more start to a season alongside our best CB in years. He wasn't too bad last year when fit. If there's no improvement in a decent, settled defence, he should get punted.

You're quite possibly right tbf.

My impression of him is that his confidence is far too fragile and that he needs a commanding, aggressive player beside him. Big problem for him is that pretty much every player he's partnered has been an O'Hanlon / Nelson / McPake level uber-diddy. He probably had a bit of potential once but his confidence (probably not helped by injuries) looks irreversibly shredded now.

Seeing as we have Forster there as a promising option, I'd give him one more start to a season alongside our best CB in years. He wasn't too bad last year when fit. If there's no improvement in a decent, settled defence, he should get punted.

I'm glad you feel that way about McPake. He's a charlatan and the only Hibs player to boil my pish more than Hanlon.

I'm glad you feel that way about McPake. He's a charlatan and the only Hibs player to boil my pish more than Hanlon.

It says a lot about the quality of the league we are in that Hanlon look good last season. This might sound harsh because he's not doing too much wrong at the moment but when we do go up I we have someone better to partner Fonts. Hopefully that player is

Forster, I think there is a cracking player in there.

Archived