The 2015/16 Hibernian F.C. Championship Thread

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-3 still gets them absolutely raging. Scenes.

Somehow, I think the Bairns are over that one.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if Allan is still playing in the 2nd tier next year. He's done well this year though wasn't up to much in the first play-off. And even though Cummings doesn't seem to cut it in the crunch games, I'm sure some bigger clubs will reckon they can develop him further.

Doubt if Hearts will go near either though.

Easily my worst day supporting Falkirk but I am finally over it now after the semi win last month.

Thought the same, I think some Hibees have already forgotten their loss last month.

Sacked their best manager in a decade in Yogi.

It may seem a poor decision now as Calderwood and Fenlon came after him, but at the time it was not that strange of a move. The problem was not so much sacking Hughes, but more appointing Calderwood and Fenlon after him.

By the way, these discussions are becoming increasingly pathetic; very angry debates to attack/defend results no one here had influence on whatsoever. Of course this is what online football boards are about most of the time, but now it is pushed to such extremes that everyone seems to lose the plot about what is/has actually going on.

Hibernian has been run dramatically in the last five years or so, which has culminated in relegation, but the last season was not all that bad. With Hearts and Rangers in the same league, staying down always was a very realistic option.

About the financial consequences of an extended stay in the second tier; what financial figures are public? The biggest problem Hibs have in relation to other second tier clubs are costs for the training centre and the ground, is it not?

Your wages will be much higher too, although having bigger crowds will offset that somewhat. What will the average be next season though? Still higher than a Falkirk or St Mirren but lower than this season I'd guess?

Your wages will be much higher too, although having bigger crowds will offset that somewhat. What will the average be next season though? Still higher than a Falkirk or St Mirren but lower than this season I'd guess?

If Hibs can contest for the title the average gate might be stable or even increase. I think this year's crowd average was not (much) lower than previous seasons, but overall there has been a (not unsurprising) downwards movement since a couple of years. But evidently a further demise is a realistic option; especially if prices remain high.

Although wages can form a problem, it still are costs that can be relatively easy get rid off. This is not the case with costs for ground rent and the training center. Yet I do not have a clue about the exact size of this burden on Hibs. People have been mentioning these costs as a serious risk, but are data available to make a estimation with more germane estimation?

Have to laugh at Hearts fans. £30m a of unpaid debt, CVA, cheating for over twenty years, a shameless disgrace of a club. When cheats get caught in other sports like Lance Armstrong they get stripped of medals.

post-27573-0-56684800-1432468410_thumb.j

And what did it get you? A sizeable number of Hibs fans missed the comeback as they'd left the stadium, the team never showed up for a pasting and the hands of Celtic in yet another final defeat, and you lost 7-0 AT HOME to Malmo.

We've played you five times since and won three of them, including a Scottish Cup semi final. We drew after being 3-1 down at Easter Road, and the game you beat us in was meaningless for Falkirk. Many Falkirk fans, myself included, actually wanted us to lose that game.

You're going back to 2013 to get one over a provincial club with a much smaller budget who have pumped your club all over the shop this season.

Hibs are pathetic :lol:

Yet you'll spend next season trying to "wind up" Falkirk fans again to try and prove that you really, really don't care at being stuck in the second tier AGAIN.

See you next season buddy. Looking forward to being called seething after we beat you 1-0 with another header from another cross.

Oh ya fucker :lol:

How long have you kept this all bottled up Marshy?

I've posted the first bit before a couple of times when saying how pathetic Hibs are.

The rest was obviously just from this season so not very long.

Care to address any of the points rather than going "lol 4-3" or "lol seething"?

I've posted the first bit before a couple of times when saying how pathetic Hibs are.

Care to address any of the points rather than going "lol 4-3" or "lol seething"?

What points, you've just went on a big rant about how "pathetic" Hibs are. If that makes you feel better, batter in champ.

lol 4-3

Archived