Which meat could you not live without?

Which meat could you not live without?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We were chatting at work about the mentalness of going veggie, we discovered that we all couldn't do it because we couldn't give up one specific meat.

So, great people of P&B, if you were only allowed to eat one type of animal for the rest of your life, which would you select?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably chicken, not a lover of beef or steak.

The very thought of a roast dinner can cause me to heave.

I couldn't be vegetarian though as I enjoy sausages too much, preferably pork, and eat a lot of fish.

So, great people of P&B, if you were only allowed to eat one type of animal for the rest of your life, which would you select?

I hate to be limited but I'd have to say 'coo'.

I love pork, hare, rabbit, lamb, pigeon et al but the coo is the best all-rounder.

Pork. Could you really live without sausages and bacon?

As good as sausages and bacon are, you can get beef substitutes for sausages. I'm sure it's everyone's dream to have bacon for every meal of their lives, but that's simply not going to happen, and I feel that with pork you're limited after breakfast and lunch times. Pork chops and gammon is fine but that's really it.

Toss up between beef and chicken for me.

Pork. Could you really live without sausages and bacon?

I am sure that many posters have stayed in hotels in the likes of Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain etc. Often on the 'breakfast buffet' there is some kind of faux bacon equivalent. It really doesn't cut the mustard.

Archived