Albion Rovers Transfers and Closed Season Thread

Luckily for you there were more feeble excuses on the Rovers message board.

One user who showed similar disgust at the ground switch was taking his school team to play cricket. Cricket in November!!!

I'm impressed by your memory of the lives of others, Vic, and glad you can take pleasure out of it. As I'm sure you'll recall, Bold was at the other editions of the John Devlin Rovers Roadshow, contributing to Hamilton Accies and West Lothian Council, meltdown-free.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm impressed by your memory of the lives of others, Vic, and glad you can take pleasure out of it.

No pleasure taken at all petal, certain things stand out from those most vociferous (often for the sake of it) who end up making a roaring Cnut of themselves- that applies to this and the other message board or "Pravda" as you would call it

Gary Flint is no longer part of the back room staff left the rovers on thursday

The manager run out of patience as Gary Flint couldn't drive?

Here's hoping he got better treatment from the club than Danny Ferry and Ciaran Donnelly

Will the terracing behind the net be for away fans? Got the day off work so will be coming up for the opening game of the season. If we play well enough in our 2 cup matches I reckon we might bring a sizeable travelling support up since it's just over an hour away.

Re the McFadden thing, I wouldn't sign him anyway, he's on his way down and is an injury risk on a big wage. Would rather have big Gemmill up front - he knows this level and is a guaranteed 10-15 goals a season.

The Beast with a decent attacking mid in behind him will be key to our survival/success in the coming season.

Re the McFadden thing, I wouldn't sign him anyway, he's on his way down and is an injury risk on a big wage. Would rather have big Gemmill up front - he knows this level and is a guaranteed 10-15 goals a season.

The Beast with a decent attacking mid in behind him will be key to our survival/success in the coming season.

I agree to some extent, but if we were getting him on the same basis as Billy Stark i.e.. 'giving something back' then he would be a no-brainer as a League 1 attacking midfielder for me. Anyway, tis all a shite wind-up (although better then the Paul Shields one).

On Gemmell, I suspect he might find himself as an under-study again. Tis a hell of a player to bring off the bench (witness Broadwood).

Would rather have big Gemmill up front - he knows this level and is a guaranteed 10-15 goals a season.

10-15 might have been his tally in his prime at Stenny but he has only reached double figures in one season for the Rovers- his first.

Second half of the BSC match thought we played some lovey stuff.

The pass from Young to set up Misanjo was class as was the cross for Gemmells goal. All the players linking up well going forward, Fisher looks to have kicked on again from his good end to last season and McBride looks quality drifting from midfield to become a second striker when needed.

Mark Ferry signed up before the game so he adds a bit of depth, hes looked ok in his games without standing out but an experienced operator at this level to fill in when needed.

Worried slightly by the lack of depth at the back, but that's been an issue for years. The keeper in the BSC game looked good Ex-QP .

Will be interesting to see our "newly formed" U-19s & 21s XI on Friday, I'm not sure how these teams function but i'm guessing as they aren't officially registered to the club calling these guys up isnt as easy as it is for other teams and they would need to leave "Albion Rovers U21s" to join us, so not as easy as being able to fill in for a few games then go back to the U21s.

I'm sure someone on P&B must know the rules better than me but thats my understanding

As i am helping with the game on Friday with Tony Mcminn, i have played with the u21s team on a couple of occasions but this is a great opportunity for the boys... the score will hopefully be respectable. It will be a new level that most of these boys have played that and some of the boy have came from other pro youth teams.

Any questions dont hesitate to ask on this, twitter or facebook.

Archived