Albion Rovers Transfers and Closed Season Thread

You evidently have inside knowledge, Vic. What are we to make of this rather unusual situation?

No inside knowledge Bold - was made public with Tell him he's Pele blog and other articles. Possibly suggests someone who lacks confidence in his own abilities/ public speaking - who knows?

He definately has potential though - a high level signing of an assistant would suggest he will need the help - although it could be argued Rovers need all the help they can get

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have every confidence in our management team. We're rank outsiders because of our playing squad, which is currently worse than last season's, which lost a quarter of its games in the division below.

I have every confidence in our management team. We're rank outsiders because of our playing squad, which is currently worse than last season's, which lost a quarter of its games in the division below.

I'm pretty sure Stark will get the best out of the squad we eventually sign up, although I don't think his services will come cheap, given that we we will be cutting back on the wage bill after Wardy/Devlin went berserk with the cup money.

Rovers are and always will be underdogs- part of the attraction in supporting then I say.

Exactly.

Apparently Darren stumbles over his words at team talks and needs someone to hold his hand.

who cares if he stumbles over his words, he won us a championship and the more time hes a manager the more experienced he becomes.

who cares if he stumbles over his words, he won us a championship and the more time hes a manager the more experienced he becomes.

No arguments there Mossie - but we're in a division with a much higher standard than L2 without the luxury of the Rangers cup money to pay big wages so it will be a good test for Darren.

Looking forward to it.

Looks like Iain Baraclough would rather have last season's loanee spending his weekends on the bench than in our team:

"With the likes of Lee Erwin, Dominic Thomas, Chris Cadden, David Ferguson, there's a good crop of young players coming through and they need to be given their chance. I am a big advocate of combining the under-20s with the first-team group so that there's a familiarity there and that's part of our remit."

I read that the Cliftonhill Kop might be open for the new season, does that lead to the North Terrace being able to be used or will it be fenced off?

its only the area behind the Airdrie end goal - other terracing will not be open anytime soon. this pic was taken on the last game of the season - pretty sure they have some crash barriers in place now - capacitywill be around 1600 - 1700.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-26%20at%2017.18.

its only the area behind the Airdrie end goal - other terracing will not be open anytime soon. this pic was taken on the last game of the season - pretty sure they have some crash barriers in place now - capacitywill be around 1600 - 1700.

for the whole stadium or just the new bit? I was thinking the new bit would only hold about 400-500

Whole stadium, as I understand. The north terracing steps are too narrow to meet modern criteria and would need a total rebuild so that has to go on back burner.

What about the enclosure opposite the stand thought that was due to reopen once it passed planning -------has the club not spent a fair bit renovating that part of the ground ?

What about the enclosure opposite the stand thought that was due to reopen once it passed planning -------has the club not spent a fair bit renovating that part of the ground ?

I believe that is the north terracing mate, they spent a bit renovating the "Airdrie End"

Yup there are now crush barriers at the front and painted passageways on the new bit!

I believe that is the north terracing mate, they spent a bit renovating the "Airdrie End"

Oops!! You're correct of course it is. Anyway what they've done looks ok. Well done the Rovers. The only thing that's a wee bit of a worry is whether the fencing will hold up when a team arrives with a big support.

That looks wonderful, really hope we draw your mob in the Petrofact. It's been too long since I was last at Cliftonhill!

Archived