Albion Rovers Transfers and Closed Season Thread

Has there been any cup games between us in that time? I'm struggling to think of any.

But yeah, looking forward to playing the Pars. How much of an away support do you carry nowadays, and what's the best places for a beer when we're through there?

I think there was a League Cup game in 1990 (4-0 Pars) but I don't remember a thing about it.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

defo remember a midweek gubbing in the league cup. Had a Sneaky wee bt of merrydown outside the ground.... '92 maybe !

There used to be a wee corner shop near the ground where the old boy who ran the shop would come out into the street and ask the under-agers if they wanted booze!

Is the old terracing (opposite main stand) due to reopen this year? I'm sure I read there was worked planned but not sure if this ever happened?

And did the plastic pitch get the go ahead in the end too?

Sorry. Just read the other thread which mentions this.

Keeping last season's back four is probably the best piece of work our manager could pull off this Summer. All good enough to be first-choice players in any PT team.

Keeping last season's back four is probably the best piece of work our manager could pull off this Summer. All good enough to be first-choice players in any PT team.

I agree, but there has to be a we bit of concern re Mick's fitness. Extra work for Ross and Kyle covering, I think. Even better will be the acquisition of a defensive midfield protector who would allow Mick to play with his brain.

No argument with that concern, but M. Dunlop is a man mountain and a leader on the field, with a decade of experience to boot. There won't be too many strikers will be nifty enough to beat him, and even fewer will beat him in the air.

The centre halves we have now are an improvement on the Donnelly and O'Byrne pairing we had last time we survived in this league (no offence to those two who had great seasons in 11/12.)

I agree, but there has to be a we bit of concern re Mick's fitness. Extra work for Ross and Kyle covering, I think. Even better will be the acquisition of a defensive midfield protector who would allow Mick to play with his brain.

Agree with that. However, I'd also like a centre half to challenge Ross and, more likely Mick, A decent graduate from the Juveniles or lover level Juniors would be fine; we've had plenty gems from there in the recent past.

Agree with that. However, I'd also like a centre half to challenge Ross and, more likely Mick, A decent graduate from the Juveniles or lover level Juniors would be fine; we've had plenty gems from there in the recent past.

Micks a man mountian from the "lover level of the Juniors"

Oooh Errr Missus!

Good luck to Neil but, personally, I am not his greatest fan. For such a giant of a man, he's weak on high balls and teams exploit that. A long high ball to the back stick has him in a flap. Good instinctive shot stopper, mind. Maybe Rab Watt can find us another Derek Gaston.

Archived