Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the website " Dunfermline based 23 year old central defender Tom O’Brien who has been with Cowdenbeath since his school days has signed a two year contract with Forfar Athletic and joins Bryan Hodge as the second newcomer on the Station Park books as preparations begin in earnest for the new season.‘Loons’ fans will also be delighted with the news that Michael Travis, such a success in the second half of the 2014/15 campaign after his arrival from Arbroath has also signed a two year contract.As reported in the press this morning Stuart Malcolm has decided to move on to Stenhousemuir, which will obviously mean less travelling for the Falkirk based defender.Rab Douglas, Mark Baxter, James Dale, Michael Dunlop, Martyn Fotheringham, Gavin Malin and Chris Templeman have all also agreed contract extensions with only the paper work to be tidied up."

ToB scored a couple of good (identical) goals against us in the playoffs last year.

Identical yeh one towering header and another a volley!

Cracking signing for Forfar. Tam is good in the air, quick and likes a tackle. Gutted he has left us to be honest. Best in a CDM role but also good at CB.

Cracking signing for Forfar. Tam is good in the air, quick and likes a tackle. Gutted he has left us to be honest. Best in a CDM role but also good at CB.

Ahhhh some pace for our ageing back line. Malcolm out and o brien in. Good piece of business by the sound of it

Both identical non-defending at our left back position, yes.

Delighted with the news all round, two new fresh faces and the back bone of last season's side signed up. Hopefully we can add a striker.

I really hope there's something to these Simon Murray rumours. I think he's just what we need.

I'm interested in what Dundee plan to do with Craig Wighton. I'd absolutely take him on loan too.

shaping up then...

Signed

GK

Douglas

King

Defenders

Baxter

Travis (2 years)

O'Brien (2 years)

Dunlop

Yano

Kennedy

Yates

Midfielders

Foxy

Malin

Hodge

Young

Denholm (2 years)

* Nicoll

Clark

Forwards

** Swankie

Templeman

** Smith

** Hay

* can also play in defence

** can also play in midfield

*** can also play up front

in italics - U20s players

Still to gain 100% clarity about...

GKs

Salmon (on holiday)

Cant see any way that Steeves will come back, didnt feature at all last season so clearly wasnt rated. Didnt really impress in a couple of the U 20s games I watched either. Hopefully Yano will sign and him and Kennedy will compete for the left back slot.

We did well enough without loan signings last year, the only one we had if I am right was Smith from United who was guff so would ideally avoid this if we can and get players signed ourselves.

Archived