Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good couple of results but we are looking very threadbare at the back.

Spark does look to be good a right back, definitely better than at LB, likes to carry the ball forward and looks difficult to dispossess even when caught hanging on to it which happened a few times against Albion.

TOB moved back into centre back beside Rodger to cover for Dunlop's injury.

Kennedy filling in for Yano at LB.

If any of those are injured/suspended we'll struggle for a back four.

After the humping from Brechin and losing to Stranraer today things are very serious. I hate being negative about our club but Bollan must go and the board must take a long look at themselves. Dispensing with Dick may not have been wrong (though the way AD went about it was). If the rumour about a Cooper/Petrie management team agreeing to replace "the bunnet" is true then they made a shocking misjudgement by changing their minds.

It's still in our hands to save or throw away but it looks like the latter far more likely. Depressing times so soon after last season's excitement.

I'll continue to attend the home games as I am a supporter and season ticket holder, I've never stayed away, but the other night is 3 hours, have a gallon of petrol and £12 I feel was totally wasted.

After the humping from Brechin and losing to Stranraer today things are very serious. I hate being negative about our club but Bollan must go and the board must take a long look at themselves. Dispensing with Dick may not have been wrong (though the way AD went about it was). If the rumour about a Cooper/Petrie management team agreeing to replace "the bunnet" is true then they made a shocking misjudgement by changing their minds.

It's still in our hands to save or throw away but it looks like the latter far more likely. Depressing times so soon after last season's excitement.

I'll continue to attend the home games as I am a supporter and season ticket holder, I've never stayed away, but the other night is 3 hours, have a gallon of petrol and £12 I feel was totally wasted.

This could be a view shared by quite a few Forfar supporters

Mr Bollan appears to be struggling to get to grips with the qualities needed to be Forfar manager.

He could start by selecting players on merit.

The players must also rise to the challenge. We keep on hearing from them how good they are looked after at Station Park - they need to perform for the club.

Mr Bollan appears to be struggling to get to grips with the qualities needed to be Forfar manager.

He could start by selecting players on merit.

The players must also rise to the challenge. We keep on hearing from them how good they are looked after at Station Park - they need to perform for the club.

Don't disagree with your last point - but the clamour/pressure to remove Mr Campbell was, in part, due to him playing "undroppable" players, so by your measure, GB already has all the qualities needed to be a Forfar Manager!

Out of interest, how long do you give a player a chance to prove himself? Do you drop him after one iffy game, two games? Would the added pressure of thinking you are going to be dropped after a couple of dodgy passes or missed tackles lead to improved performances on the pitch?

I'm guessing that's the balance that managers the length of the league have to struggle with on a weekly basis.

Team needs support, if we go down AD needs to step aside

Massive progress off the park since his arrival don't think knee jerk response and hunt for a sugar daddy is realistic to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Bollan has now had 15 games in charge. Drawn 4, lost 8 and won 3 (2 of these were against 10 men). Irrespective of whether getting rid of the Campbells was the correct decision or not, I am far from convinced that Gary was the right choice for this club. In particular his unwillingness to change things or have a plan B is a massive concern. Quite why in the game against Cowdenbeath you would wait until the 90th minute to bring on a striker when it was a game we really needed to win is beyond me.  

• 1 month later...

seems Neil who does Forfar TV is stepping down and Cameron who runs the club shop is passing it on to new owners to take it on

Yep both true and announced at the POTY awards (also in the match programme)

Archived