Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

Foxy posted missing v Queens and Linlithgow games, i do think he should have been on 2nd half last night though, midfield TOB (sitting) Martin (attacking) Omar and Danny wide......Nicholl, Dunlop centre halfs.......captains armband for Yano, Beakie his assistant....management is so fucking easy when you know how!!

No Travis? TOB sitting mid is a scary thought if I'm being honest.

Agree that Foxy has to play a part

No Travis? TOB sitting mid is a scary thought if I'm being honest.

Agree that Foxy has to play a part

I suspect Travis missing is due to his injury. What we could have done with him yesterday with all those corners!

I'll say this though, hats off to Dunlop yesterday, he hardly put a foot wrong. Has he had any game time at all this season? 120 mins, he must have been knackered. I thought him and TOB played well together, rather that pairing than Nicholl in there.

I'd like to see Kennedy get a run at left back with Yano sitting in front to help him through the games. He's fast going forward and would leave a natural left back to cover him when he goes forward. I await howls of derision at Yano in left mid!

I suspect Travis missing is due to his injury. What we could have done with him yesterday with all those corners!

I'll say this though, hats off to Dunlop yesterday, he hardly put a foot wrong. Has he had any game time at all this season? 120 mins, he must have been knackered. I thought him and TOB played well together, rather that pairing than Nicholl in there.

I'd like to see Kennedy get a run at left back with Yano sitting in front to help him through the games. He's fast going forward and would leave a natural left back to cover him when he goes forward. I await howls of derision at Yano in left mid!

Howl!

I think DD and Smudger both provide fairly good cover to the full backs. Omar is ok, Hay can work on that aspect and Swanks...

In Dick's last game (v Cowdenbeath), Kennedy got his 1st start and Yano pushed more centre mid. Don't laugh but I thought Yano did pretty well in there. Nice tidy passing and always made himself available. (Stands by for even more howls of derision)

Dunlop did very well considering the only game time he's had in the last 2-3 months was a half for the U20s (I think)

Travis was limping quite heavily in the stand last night.

Howl!

I think DD and Smudger both provide fairly good cover to the full backs. Omar is ok, Hay can work on that aspect and Swanks...

In Dick's last game (v Cowdenbeath), Kennedy got his 1st start and Yano pushed more centre mid. Don't laugh but I thought Yano did pretty well in there. Nice tidy passing and always made himself available. (Stands by for even more howls of derision)

Dunlop did very well considering the only game time he's had in the last 2-3 months was a half for the U20s (I think)

Travis was limping quite heavily in the stand last night.

Would agree with DD and Smudger but Yano in front of Kennedy would bring the laddie on. What I've seen of him I've liked, a wee bit shakey at the start of games but he tends to grow into them. Worse case, he's not playing well, Yano can step back one and bring on DD or Omar, depending which one is on the bench. Doesn't have to be every week either but I think he needs game time to see the best of him.

Re Travis, I was pleasantly surprised to see he wasn't in crutches to be honest. I thought that was him for the season, still might be though.

Why would you want to play Kennedy just now when Yano is the best we have........and he has and will never be a midfielder.

See previous post. Kennedy is not too bad and needs game time, he's a better wingback than Yano so would give us more attacking options.

Yano has had games in midfield and didn't look too bad either.

See previous post. Kennedy is not too bad and needs game time, he's a better wingback than Yano so would give us more attacking options.

Yano has had games in midfield and didn't look too bad either.

Having watched the u/20's for the past 2 seasons i can assure you that Yano is the best we have......yes Kennedy is going to be a fine prospect but at the present time and position we are in it would be ridiculous to through him in.....Yano is the only full back who actually overlaps and gets crosses in. On another note what was Beakie doing for the goal....every mistake we make gets punished!!

Kennedy isn't good enough, harsh reality but true. I think Smith and Hay have a chance if they keep developing. What does it take for people to realise that Foxy now offers next to nothing? The second manager in a row now doesn't rate him, in the modern game in the middle you need to be able to get about the park, get close and tight to people. He cant do this and has contributed zero all season. Yet the love-in seems to continue just because he's been with us for a number of years, I Just don't get it.

I quite like the idea of O'Brien being in the centre of the park on Saturday, time we beefed things up a bit, would depend on Travis being available.

Game off. Will allow Gary B to work with the squad and get them playing his style of football. I trust Forfar are providing Michael Travis with the best medical attention .There is no point in rushing him back only for his knee to go again. With Mikey Dunlop fit again we should be able to cover Travis being out. Even if we are relagated without him , Gary B should build HIS team around Travis to get us back up the leagues. Gavin Swankie? Leave by mutual consent! Let's hope!

Kevin Nicoll's now left, surely a defender is a priority as well as a striker.

"Decided today to move on from @ForfarAthletic! It wasn't an easy decision but sometimes a change in personnel doesn't suit everyone."

Kevin Nicoll's now left, surely a defender is a priority as well as a striker.

"Decided today to move on from @ForfarAthletic! It wasn't an easy decision but sometimes a change in personnel doesn't suit everyone."

Two in, two out the chairman said at the AGM. Other out will be Malin I presume.

Archived