Forfar 2015-2016 Transfers/rumours/ updates

As the title describes. Be good to get the news in a specific thread.

Aware that all currently signed:

Rab Douglas

Gavin Swankie

Derek Young

Bryan Hodge

Word is but not officially confirmed:

Chris Templeman

Mark Baxter

Iain Campbell

Darren Dods (in dispatch this week)

We await word on many of the others.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while I think last season showed the benefit of experience, those same players have another 40 games in their legs. I would like to add a liberal sprinkling of experienced players on the good side of 30 to compliment the lads at the start and end of their careers. Hopefully Dick will receive a budget that allows us to kick on again. The foundations are solid but a new conservatory would add value.

I would look to tie most of the players down to another year. I would imagine one or two would have to make way for new additions so it will be interesting to see who he lets go. Kennedy, Hay and Smith will hopefully get more game time. Big Dods is a bit of a conundrum, he's had another really good season but can the legs manage another year?

while I think last season showed the benefit of experience, those same players have another 40 games in their legs. I would like to add a liberal sprinkling of experienced players on the good side of 30 to compliment the lads at the start and end of their careers. Hopefully Dick will receive a budget that allows us to kick on again. The foundations are solid but a new conservatory would add value.

The back door is creaking and needs new hinges.

Iain Campbell is shite why do we want him back, Michael Kennedy is better than him

Whilst I would agree that we have a replacement in Kennedy at left back, what do we do if he has a dip in performance. He is just a young laddie after all.

Both Baxter and Travis could cover but that would take them out of their better positions, i.e. right back and centre back.

Yano, on his loan spell, had 1 bad game that I can recall. I would have him back, but only as a bit player to be honest.

Whilst I would agree that we have a replacement in Kennedy at left back, what do we do if he has a dip in performance. He is just a young laddie after all.

Both Baxter and Travis could cover but that would take them out of their better positions, i.e. right back and centre back.

Yano, on his loan spell, had 1 bad game that I can recall. I would have him back, but only as a bit player to be honest.

He really is terrible. Can't run, can't jump, can't tackle. Some good deliveries from free kicks/ corners . Would be happy if he went back to Forfar. Still don't know why he joined Cowden other than to do Dick a " favour" whatever that means.

He really is terrible. Can't run, can't jump, can't tackle. Some good deliveries from free kicks/ corners . Would be happy if he went back to Forfar. Still don't know why he joined Cowden other than to do Dick a " favour" whatever that means.

Have to completely disagree, as previously stated he did really well since January apart from the Peterhead game where everyone was pish. He defends well and provides good quality from left back. At league one level he does well. Michael Kennedy has shown promise but he's only had 4 games and was exposed slightly on Sunday, if him and Yano are to challenge for the position that would be pleasing.

Steeves has been very good for Montrose on loan so I'd be eager to see him come back to us. Kennedy and Steeves as our options at left back would be ideal. I don't think Yano should come back, which is tough to admit because he was close to excellent at times during this spell. But I think we should be looking at pace.

I don't think both Malcolm and Dods will stay, and if they do then at least one of them will need to make do with being a cover player. Travis is the man to build the defence around and it has to be at centre half. Hopefully Baxter stays and remains fit.

We look pretty solid in the middle of the park between Young, Hodge, Fotheringham and Husband. I can't anticipate both of Malin and Dale staying with us. If I had to choose I'd prefer Dale.

If Kerr Hay and Craig Smith - Cammy Clark could be included too - are going to feature on the wings rather than up front, we don't need to bring anyone in to cover Denholm and Kader.

I'd personally rather see Swankie up front than wide left, ideally alongside Hilson. We'll do well to keep Hilson this summer though, perhaps his injuries being the only thing that'd stop a full-time team coming in for him.

I had hoped we'd look at bringing McMenamin in front Stenny but he's signed a new deal there. We certainly need one striker as it stands, and if Templeman and Hilson leave they both need replaced.

There's a lot of talk about Bobby Linn but he has a year to run on his contract, so if we're serious about him - and I think he'd be worth it - he'll cost us a fee.

Steeves has been very good for Montrose on loan so I'd be eager to see him come back to us. Kennedy and Steeves as our options at left back would be ideal. I don't think Yano should come back, which is tough to admit because he was close to excellent at times during this spell. But I think we should be looking at pace.

I don't think both Malcolm and Dods will stay, and if they do then at least one of them will need to make do with being a cover player. Travis is the man to build the defence around and it has to be at centre half. Hopefully Baxter stays and remains fit.

We look pretty solid in the middle of the park between Young, Hodge, Fotheringham and Husband. I can't anticipate both of Malin and Dale staying with us. If I had to choose I'd prefer Dale.

If Kerr Hay and Craig Smith - Cammy Clark could be included too - are going to feature on the wings rather than up front, we don't need to bring anyone in to cover Denholm and Kader.

I'd personally rather see Swankie up front than wide left, ideally alongside Hilson. We'll do well to keep Hilson this summer though, perhaps his injuries being the only thing that'd stop a full-time team coming in for him.

I had hoped we'd look at bringing McMenamin in front Stenny but he's signed a new deal there. We certainly need one striker as it stands, and if Templeman and Hilson leave they both need replaced.

There's a lot of talk about Bobby Linn but he has a year to run on his contract, so if we're serious about him - and I think he'd be worth it - he'll cost us a fee.

I doubt we'd even sell him tbh. There's talk of Falkirk being interested. But at 29 think he might just keep part time plus job.

I doubt we would sell

I heard last night from a source within the club that all players have been offered a new contract, no word on who have accepted.

I was chatting to Yano before the home leg against Stranraer and he was hoping to be asked back.

I know some here don't want him but I thought he played some of his best games for us latterly.

Personally I'd see Douglas, Swankie, Travis, Kader as absolute musts. Foxy, Baxter, Malcolm, Young, Dale, Dods and the young ones as very desirable. I would be happy if the rest sign again too though as I don't see anyone as a "would like to see the back of them" but would welcome replacements who are an improvement on anyone, Denholm, Hilson and Malin have been disappointing this season but I still rate themKeeping the guys in the Development squad is a high priority and recalling Steeves from loan would be good.

Guest bernardblack

Any truth in the rumour about simon murray being loaned to us from United ?

Heard this too. I'd take him.

Players I'd like to see stay:

Rab

Travis

Baxter

Dods

Omar

Dale

Foxy

Husband

Young

Swankie

Hilson

Maybes

Malin

Denholm

Malcolm

Templeman (although not sure his situation)

Possible additions

Murray

Linn

Yano

Those additions with the young players coming through would make for a decent squad

Archived