background music streaming android

looking for a free way of using a streaming service like youtube, daily motion etc to run in background whilst browsing, gaming etc on android.

Used to use PVStar but recently got taken down.Anyone got any suggestions?

Get a second phone IMO

Similar to this, for a while I have been looking for a way to keep apps running in background.

Ie YouTube (which is easily possible) , bookies site seems to freeze when I leave it and come back. Same with modbro if I need to chortle at something on here , it needs to buffer again which is a pain.

From what I see it is doable , but you almost need to be a developer.

Any easier ways?

Similar to this, for a while I have been looking for a way to keep apps running in background.

Ie YouTube (which is easily possible) , bookies site seems to freeze when I leave it and come back. Same with modbro if I need to chortle at something on here , it needs to buffer again which is a pain.

From what I see it is doable , but you almost need to be a developer.

Any easier ways?

Seems if your phone is rooted there are task managers, like ES Task Manager that have white lists ie apps you can set not to be killed. The problem is Android is managing the CPU and memory resources and will kill apps in the background to free up resources for the app youre currently using.

go on...

I think the app has background play on by default, but if not go to the Youtube app, go to settings and go to the Background & Offline option and then switch background playback to always on.

• 3 months later...

Archived