Motherwell v Hibs / Rangers - Play Off Final

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one for an accies fan if it's mwell vs rangers. Having wrestled with my conscience I think I would rather motherwell go down. Just because rangers will inevitably go up at some point in the future and I don't want motherwell let off the hook given how many times they've escaped relegation in the past.

I accept I will be in the minority on this forum but f**k it.

I just don't get the rivalry. When Accies played Hibs last year I was desperate for Accies to send Hibs down and come up.

I know some good guys that support Accies and always happy to see them doing well.

The rivalry is just not there between the teams, no matter how much you want it to be.

As long as Hibs beat Therangers, I suspect that not many , outside of fans of m'well and hibs will really mind who wins the final.

If Hibs mess the semi up, there's going to be a lot more 'well supporters.

Tough one for an accies fan if it's mwell vs rangers. Having wrestled with my conscience I think I would rather motherwell go down. Just because rangers will inevitably go up at some point in the future and I don't want motherwell let off the hook given how many times they've escaped relegation in the past.

I accept I will be in the minority on this forum but f**k it.

I just don't get the rivalry. When Accies played Hibs last year I was desperate for Accies to send Hibs down and come up.

I know some good guys that support Accies and always happy to see them doing well.

The rivalry is just not there between the teams, no matter how much you want it to be.

I'd back Motherwell any day over Sevco, if Hibs make the final then it's normal service, i.e f**k the Well, etc, etc....

Anyone but the club with the fattest fans...in fact, I'd like Hibs to go up. Fairly inoffensive team who've done tremendously well this season.

I'd back Motherwell any day over Sevco, if Hibs make the final then it's normal service, i.e f**k the Well, etc, etc....

I would have thought that the cast iron guarantee of 6/6 points against us a NDP would be reason enough alone for wanting 'Well to stay up....

A bit presumptuous this thread, at least 2 clubs might go bust before this game becomes an issue.

Hibs a better day out, Motherwell have fewer but better 'quality' fans IMO so between them it doesn't matter much to me.

Needless to say I'd rather vomit blood than see Glib&ShamelessFC make it to the top for the first time.

If Rangers reach the final then I would want Motherwell to win. However if it is Hibs v Well then Hibs will get my backing. Getting rid of St Mirren and Motherwell from the Premiership in one season would be pretty decent.

Edinburgh is a better away day than Paisley or Motherwell. No offence intended.

I would have thought that the cast iron guarantee of 6/6 points against us a NDP would be reason enough alone for wanting 'Well to stay up....

Being the only Lanarkshire team in the Premiership would be a good feeling.

I'm undecided if I want Rangers to lose as I don't think they'll survive if they don't get promoted. It would be glorious to see them die but I also don't look forward to playing them in the Championship.

Personally, for the good of Scottish football I want Motherwell to stay up. Means I get an Edinburgh away day again and the Rangers die. Probably unfair on Hibs since they probably deserve promotion after the efforts they've made this last year. Outshone by Hearts, but have played some great stuff.

Archived