How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

Weeze is fine. Never too busy and always quick enough getting out. I either get the shuttle straight to Dusseldorf and have a beer at the airport while I wait, or if I can't be arsed hanging around get the train from Weeze itself.

Plus I always get good deals flying there with Ryanair. Never had a problem in Edinburgh at the other end either.

Weeze is horrendous. The tiny security area for so many dodgy Ryanair flights was a mare. We got the shuttle from Cologne which was slow and shitty then had to queue for an hour and a half to get into the departure lounge.... Which turned out to be a tiny amount of seats and the worlds worst duty free.

Add Birmingham to the list of gash airports. Edinburgh is a great for a city of this size.

Weeze is horrendous. The tiny security area for so many dodgy Ryanair flights was a mare. We got the shuttle from Cologne which was slow and shitty then had to queue for an hour and a half to get into the departure lounge.... Which turned out to be a tiny amount of seats and the worlds worst duty free.

Add Birmingham to the list of gash airports. Edinburgh is a great for a city of this size.

I like Birmingham. Train station next to the terminal, quick security and a bar with a beer garden/smoking balcony airside.

any airport in which you don't need to deal with the TSA c***s is fine with me!

The only decent thing for me is that Calgary has a TSA pre-clearance, so you actually enter the states before leaving Canada...still arseholes though

George Bush Intercontinental in Houston is bad for TSA too, added to the fact you can't understand what half of the redneck c***s are saying.

I quite enjoy the domestic bit of Toronto Pearson, good selection of things to eat and decent shops

I also like Heathrow T5, find it really easy to navigate, never had a problem there!

Guest Flash

Always done the job for me. Last time I used it was a few months ago going to and from Berlin Schonefeld and the former was state of the art in comparison. Surprised what a complete dump Berlin Airport was. Edinburgh's by no means the worst.

Schonefeld was the airport for East Berlin. The main airport is Tegel.

Both are set to be replaced by a new one.

George Bush Intercontinental in Houston is bad for TSA too, added to the fact you can't understand what half of the redneck c***s are saying.

Mugen, I've noticed this about Houston before. I put it down to the number of military bases in and around Texas. You certainly see a lot of passengers in fatigues, especially if you get a domestic flight in to Houston.

I also like Heathrow T5, find it really easy to navigate, never had a problem there!

T5 is the Gnat's Nadgers. I can get from my hoose and through security in under an hour if I get a taxi. Even driving is fine....the buses run from the car park every few minutes.

I've never had any issues with T5 or Heathrow but for the fact you circle for ages, then land, then taxi for ages before getting off. Same with leaving and the runway queue.

Luton is so basic for an airport of its size but is functional enough.

Glasgow's fine apart from having to walk through duty free and getting flogged everything under the sun!

Edinburgh's security area had long queues at peak times, don't know if that is sorted now.

Inverness is my favourite, sit outside in the beer/coffee garden for a last smoke till half an hour to go, cruise through security in 2 mins, sit at the bar until you see the last person going through the gate, stroll outside onto the plane. If Carlsberg ran airports etc..

Yep. Inverness is a cracking wee airport. All airports should be that size.

T5 is the Gnat's Nadgers. I can get from my hoose and through security in under an hour if I get a taxi. Even driving is fine....the buses run from the car park every few minutes.

Confirmed - T5 is sexy.

Gatwick on the other hand... Disaster. London City was fun to fly in and out of but the terminal itself is tiny for the number of passengers. Not much room to expand mind you.

Inverness is my favourite as well. The only bad experience I had there was when I had a few hours delay before going to Amsterdam last year and the shops/bars on the airside weren't able to accept card payments or Euros.

Only bad thing is it's the only airport I've used where they regularly call passengers to watch while they look through checked in baggage. They called out for Mr MacKenzie to come to security and 15 of us turned up.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually love Prestwick airport for the quick check in, security and departure. Even better when landing! Out of the plane and at the train station in 5 mins!

Unfortunately it has a lot of flights that take off or land outwith public transport times, or at least they used to when they had Ryanair.

Use Edinburgh airport regularly for work trips and would say new security area is a massive improvement. Been through in 10 minutes every time.

Going in a week ago was absolutely fine, a big improvement. Coming back, two flightloads of people coming from different directions squeezed into a tight corridor to join a huge queue at passport control. Also, people wait in the scanning line only to find out that their passport doesn't allow automatic scanning. Perhaps not the fault of the airport, but how do you know if your passport is modern enough??

Going in a week ago was absolutely fine, a big improvement. Coming back, two flightloads of people coming from different directions squeezed into a tight corridor to join a huge queue at passport control. Also, people wait in the scanning line only to find out that their passport doesn't allow automatic scanning. Perhaps not the fault of the airport, but how do you know if your passport is modern enough??

Because it has the chip symbol on the front of it