Sign in to follow this  
HTG

How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

1 minute ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I was in Toulouse a few weeks back, a city of about one million people. The passport check at their airport is slower than a week in the jail. Utter chaos and the place wasn't busy at all.

Getting ready for Brexit probably, just without the rubber gloves.

Getting ready for Brexit probably, just without the rubber gloves.
As long as they're well lubricated....

If there’s a discussion about airlines, rather than just Embra airport, then my tuppenceworth is that I’ve flown with Southwest Airlines a lot in the USA, and have, without exception, found their staff to be the friendliest, cheeriest, and most helpful airline staff I’ve ever encountered.
I bet though, like Arnold Clark cars, lots of folk will have said online that they’re shite.

Southwest are a fantastic airline, staff well switched on, planes tend to get off quick, 2 free checked in bags and hand luggage, leg room is pretty decent. I’ve heard people say Ryanair are based on Southwest but they are nothing alike.

c***s at Birmingham Airport have closed the smoking balcony past security, it's the main reason I use it. Hopefully they'll bring it back after refurbishment.

I flew with Flybe to and from London City this week. Credit to Edinburgh - they've upped their game considerably in security. 

As for Flybe, I guess they need to cut every cost they can but they're not going to win friends in the commuter community by parking themselves as close to the A8 as possible. Both going out and coming back involved a proper trek on the bus. The bus back in used to at least drop you straight in to arrivals on the ground floor but now it's a random gate and a hike. 

Absolutely breezed through Edinburgh last week. On our return we were out of the airport within 10 min of landing (no hold luggage). I'm starting to prefer Edinburgh to Glasgow.

The folk working in security at Edinburgh, or any other airport. No wonder they can sometimes be grumpy. The amount of utter fannies they have to deal with on a daily basis. I fly a fair bit, and every time, every single time, there’s an utter fanny around who has three tons of fcuking hand luggage, cannae’ even take their laptop out ahead of arriving at the security belt, cannae’ put their 200 bottles of toiletries into a bag before arriving at the security belt, and then, having got through, are too fcuking lazy to pick up their grey plastic tray and return it to the stack at the end of the process. Fcukers deserve a boot in the stones.
People who don't return their trays are up there, for me, with folk who don't thank you when you let them out on the road and folk who don't turn their wheelie bin handles to the road when they leave them out for the bin men. Scum of the earth.

On 06/01/2020 at 11:35, welshbairn said:

c***s at Birmingham Airport have closed the smoking balcony past security, it's the main reason I use it. Hopefully they'll bring it back after refurbishment.

^^^ Anti social Leper colony lover.

I smoked 40 a day for over 30 years and was the first in the queue to complain if I could not have a cigarette. I am now the first to moan about people smoking in my vicinity. 
Every single fuckin day I miss not having a cigarette!

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I take it boozers airside are part of the alcohol ban at the moment? 

A quick look says All Bar One and Spoons are open airside, you need to download an app to order. Good luck at Berlin!