HTG

How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

On 22/06/2019 at 09:15, MONKMAN said:

Arriving into Pearson is a fucking nightmare, second only to Bangkok for most chaotic airports.  It took me about an hour an a half from arrival to clear security in November, due to the ridiculous queues and fucking about at the self service border control machines.

Yeah it's just a pain in the arse arriving there from long haul flights, Montreal is the same. We fly in from Dublin on the Aer Lingus flight and arrived at the same time as the Air Transat flight from Dublin, two full large planes trying to go security at the same time, we were directed towards some self scan machines near the gate we landed at, then they decided the queue was too big so directed everyone to the main self scan area, would be nice if Dublin at Canadian immigration before they flight like they do for the Yanks. I scanned my PR card rather than my British passport which made things a lot easier. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did you not have to show your passport at check in, or give your passport details if you checked in online?

I checked in online and gave our passport details, same as I did for our flights out of the UK but still had to show my passport flying out of Edinburgh

Moron factor is high today. Nothing wrong with 5am pints but I've seen a full kit w****r in the departure lounge, Rangers* as well. Numerous stag and hen do groups and because it's the start of the school holidays it's absolutely rammed as well.

Moron factor is high today. Nothing wrong with 5am pints but I've seen a full kit w****r in the departure lounge, Rangers* as well. Numerous stag and hen do groups and because it's the start of the school holidays it's absolutely rammed as well.

I hate flying Friday mornings.

Dead Rangers?

Arrived back in Edinburgh Airport yesterday. An absolute shambles. Over an hour from touchdown to luggage arriving and there must have been luggage from 7 flights going to the same carousel. Area was crowded and as always the case no staff member  seemed at all bothered by the dreadful service. Laughably bad and a great welcome to Scotland for any visitors. Bloody dreadful

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Past security in about 2 mins.  Spent more time queuing for that all important pint 

Edited by Lofarl

Currently waiting in the purgatory which is the
L gates of Charles de Gaulle. No bar, and a ridiculously limited amount of food options.

On 21/07/2019 at 08:55, Distant Doonhamer said:

Arrived back in Edinburgh Airport yesterday. An absolute shambles. Over an hour from touchdown to luggage arriving and there must have been luggage from 7 flights going to the same carousel. Area was crowded and as always the case no staff member  seemed at all bothered by the dreadful service. Laughably bad and a great welcome to Scotland for any visitors. Bloody dreadful

Assuming that it's arrivals 2 you're on about? That's where I've ended up the last umpteen times I've flown back into Edinburgh and noticed exactly the same with the baggage - an empty belt but about 6+ flights all on the same one. There was no pattern to it either - i.e. you might think all Ryanair flights might share, but no - Ryanair, KLM, Emirates...all lumped together.

Is the original arrivals hall still open? It's so long since I arrived back there.

Not as bad as Aberdeen apparently

Aberdeen International was ranked the worst Scottish Airport for the fifth year in row, with a customer score of 50%.

Customers criticised its staff and seating, with one telling Which? they only used the airport for "geographic convenience", not out of choice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49628875