How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

On 24/10/2018 at 22:42, Karpaty said:

Why does “Gate 07B” exist at Glasgow? No sign for that anywhere, took a chance and bolted up towards gates 1-24 and thankfully it was there. Soon as the gate info was released it went straight to boarding. A mistake I won’t make again. 

I'm confused, you took a chance that gate 07B was in the same place as 1-24? Where else would it be?

Gate 7 used to be where the cafe across from Frankie and Benny's used to be - maybe thats why it says 7B?

EasyJet always go straight to boarding. I like it.

Been travelling out of it regularly for years and now every month for past year and a half and it is improving. I love Mexican fast food so Bar Burrito has been a welcome addition, a brew dog has also opened recently which should help relieve some of the overcrowding in spoons.

On 12/13/2018 at 13:24, Big Fifer said:

Also flew into Edinburgh the other day. Previously defended Edinburgh but done a lot more travelling recently; it is just a bit shit. The security before you fly out is nowhere near as bad as its made out to be, a bit longer than most but not that bad. Coming back I fucking hate it. Always crammed onto a bus, security queues always huge and seems Edinburgh is filled with people flying into it that have never seen the passport scanners before so always make a c**t of it.

This is pretty much it. The security on the way out is no better/worse than most other places. It's just you luck if you end up going through it when it's rammed. 

Coming back is a fucking piss take though. I flew back from Barcelona in August and got in at night. The queue for the passport control was absolutely ridiculous and out the door of the mid-refurb hall it's in. Now this would be fine if it was a/ a quick moving queue or b/ a lovely warm summers day. It took fucking ages and we had the pleasure of getting to stand in the pishing rain. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Security coming back is an absolute joke. A few months back getting off one flight we made it as far as 5 yards from the bottom of the plane steps before hitting the back of the queue spilling out of the passport control area, down the covered Perspex walkway and out onto the apron.  How the f**k is that even safe? Lucky it wasn't pishing down.  Shambles.

Was fine flying out of it last week, some posh p***k was complaining that he'd paid fo prioroity/fast track going through security and that there was still a queue. Took me about 10/15 minutes in total to go through normal security lane which was right next to priority. From what I could see there was a tiny queue, would've taken him 5 minutes max, don't know what he's expecting, one whole security queue dedicated just to him. This probably happens a lot and is a boring story and I would've have said it but for the end, when he mentioned the incredibly high price of 3 pounds he (or his company) had paid for the fast track, what the f**k is anyone expecting paying 3 fucking quid.

Anyway apart from that it was fine, don't think the BA commuters going to London were too amused with the amount of pesky working class football fans were on the flight before heading to Spain, that was amusing.

Was fine flying out of it last week, some posh p***k was complaining that he'd paid fo prioroity/fast track going through security and that there was still a queue. Took me about 10/15 minutes in total to go through normal security lane which was right next to priority. From what I could see there was a tiny queue, would've taken him 5 minutes max, don't know what he's expecting, one whole security queue dedicated just to him. This probably happens a lot and is a boring story and I would've have said it but for the end, when he mentioned the incredibly high price of 3 pounds he (or his company) had paid for the fast track, what the f**k is anyone expecting paying 3 fucking quid.
Anyway apart from that it was fine, don't think the BA commuters going to London were too amused with the amount of pesky working class football fans were on the flight before heading to Spain, that was amusing.

Football flights are horrendous, irrespective of your economic background!

I was picking my parents up at Edinburgh on Tuesday night and the short stay parking signage is non existent until you get to the short stay parking and once I found a space (it was rammed even at 00:40) then I went into the terminal to go to arrivals got to International arrivals 1 no-one about and no screen to say what planes are arriving into International 1 I wait there for 5 mins as its beside all the Ryan air stuff and they are flying back with Ryan air. Then I got fed up waiting so wander about looking for International Arrivals 2 but there are no signs to take you from one to another and the air port is deserted eventually I find it and again there are no screens to say what flights are due to be coming into here just as I'm about to go back to 1 that dander out the doors. 

Now am I being daft or would it not be the simplest thing in the world to have 2 screens at each arrival gat saying what planes will be coming through? And why is there no airport staff when flights are still coming in.

On 25/02/2019 at 20:14, The Golden God said:

Why wouldn't the people going to London be working class?

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I really like Edinburgh Airport. Compact enough but with a good, broad range of eating and drinking options. Tram link from the door to the city centre. 

Im the same i use it on a regular basis and  im a lucky c**t or something else as i have very few problems using it

16 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Im the same i use it on a regular basis and  im a lucky c**t or something else as i have very few problems using it

I must also take the lucky flights, because I think it's an excellent wee airport.  I've also found Heathrow T5 to be bang on the money, and Manchester to be unmitigated hell (domestic to international is a genuine maze), so my experiences are not always in keeping with the Zeitgeist.  

I don't think Edinburgh Airport is *that* bad, but there is a feeling to it that it's half finished.  Take the baggage pick-up bit in the terminal near the Starbucks and Swissport desk.  It looks like a building site.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I must also take the lucky flights, because I think it's an excellent wee airport.  I've also found Heathrow T5 to be bang on the money, and Manchester to be unmitigated hell (domestic to international is a genuine maze), so my experiences are not always in keeping with the Zeitgeist.  

Manchester is the pits, given a choice I always take Birmingham. Very easy transfer from international arrival to domestic connection too, avoiding security.

Not a fan of t5 im now at the cdg levels of going out to come back in when transiting international to domestic and vice versa

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Manchester is the pits, given a choice I always take Birmingham. Very easy transfer from international arrival to domestic connection too, avoiding security.

I think we're in agreement that if all airports were like Inverness, the world would be a far better place.

11 hours ago, doulikefish said:
21 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Not a fan of t5 im now at the cdg levels of going out to come back in when transiting international to domestic and vice versa

That is the main drag - T5 is so big.  Any terminal you have to take a train or a bus (and let's be honest, is there anything worse than getting off a plane and then on to a bus?) means it's a bit too big in my eyes.  The good part is if you're at the end with the Wetherspoons, you can sit and literally wait until final call before finishing your pint, and then boarding straight away.