How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

On 15/02/2023 at 10:02, Elric said:

Flew into Glasgow at 7.15 on Friday night. Near the front of the plane, walked off, through Immigration and into the baggage hall at which point the luggage started coming through.  Really impressive for a change.

I flew into Glasgow today. Flight landed 30 mins early and by the time it was due to land I was through security, picked up luggage and was just getting on bus to long stay car park - very impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Which car park would folk recommend using at Edinburgh? Think the last time we used the official one but I see you now have to walk rather than get a bus.

Have had a Google but some of the reviews for NCP etc (shite access roads, no space to park despite booking) have me a bit worried.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Which car park would folk recommend using at Edinburgh? Think the last time we used the official one but I see you now have to walk rather than get a bus.

Have had a Google but some of the reviews for NCP etc (shite access roads, no space to park despite booking) have me a bit worried.

We used the multi-storey carpark and other than struggling to find it had no complaints. You get 5 fasttrack security passes as well which were brilliant. Think after experiencing that I'll happily pay for a fasttrack from now on.

As I say, we struggled to find the entrance which was infuriating given they sign posted every other parking area but the multi-storey had none. We ended up having to go back around which cost me £4 to get out, leaving me fucking livid. Went in the same way the second time as it's a one way system and by chance (because I refused to go round again and took a wee side entrance bit instead) we stumbled upon the entrance. I'm actually fizzing again typing this. I bet the b*****ds make an absolute fortune off folk doing exactly what I did. 

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Whichever is the cheapest but depending where your coming from halbeath/inverkeithing  park n ride are decent options if car parking at the airport is a rip off and not too much luggage,there is a direct bus link takes about 20 mins depending on which time of the day you are traveling 

4 hours ago, Stu said:

I have used the long stay a few times, you have to walk but its much cheaper than parking closer to the terminal.

41 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Whichever is the cheapest but depending where your coming from halbeath/inverkeithing  park n ride are decent options if car parking at the airport is a rip off and not too much luggage,there is a direct bus link takes about 20 mins depending on which time of the day you are traveling 

Coming from Dumfries first thing in the morning so guessing that's out.

15 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

I have used the long stay a few times, you have to walk but its much cheaper than parking closer to the terminal.

Seen differing views on the walk - some folk saying it's quite long, not well marked (despite the claims there's a safely marked route) and a nightmare to haul cases along. And it's Scotland so it'll probably be raining.

Will probably end up using that or someone like PremiAir/NPC/whoever. All seem much of a muchness with pros and cons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2023 at 20:55, Stu said:

Coming from Dumfries first thing in the morning so guessing that's out.

Seen differing views on the walk - some folk saying it's quite long, not well marked (despite the claims there's a safely marked route) and a nightmare to haul cases along. And it's Scotland so it'll probably be raining.

Will probably end up using that or someone like PremiAir/NPC/whoever. All seem much of a muchness with pros and cons.

The long stay was absolutely fine for me in September, if you park as far to the left as possible the gate that leads to the terminal is there, I think a lot of it from memory ends up covered. Only takes about 5 mins although admittedly I did not take the cases, dropped them and the wife and child at the drop off and then parked and stoated down. 

On 12/03/2023 at 16:19, Stu said:

If you're booking far enough in advance you get some great deals through the Edinburgh Airport official website. We're away in July and got the FastPark option for a week (the one where you basically drive up to the front door, dump it and they park it for you) for less than we'd have paid for an off site car park. If you can't get that the Mid Stay car park is usually pretty good price wise and just a short walk to the front door.

39 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If you're booking far enough in advance you get some great deals through the Edinburgh Airport official website. We're away in July and got the FastPark option for a week (the one where you basically drive up to the front door, dump it and they park it for you) for less than we'd have paid for an off site car park. If you can't get that the Mid Stay car park is usually pretty good price wise and just a short walk to the front door.

I'd looked at that one and it looked good, but I was a bit worried about the key drop-off. It said you needed to attach something to your keys - is it just a sticker or something? I have a card rather than a proper key for my flash, er, Clio, now so was worried how it would work - and yes, I do over think things.

45 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'd looked at that one and it looked good, but I was a bit worried about the key drop-off. It said you needed to attach something to your keys - is it just a sticker or something? I have a card rather than a proper key for my flash, er, Clio, now so was worried how it would work - and yes, I do over think things.

I’ve always used Secure Airparks which is just beside the Ingliston Centre. Just drive in, park-up and jump on one of the wee buses that comes round every 10mins. You’re at the terminal drop-off in about 2mins. And you also keep hold of your keys.

You hear some terrible tales about key drop off parking at the likes of Manchester or Liverpool where shysters just park the car on the street somewhere or drive it around the whole time you're away and return it filthy and/or damaged, but I've only heard good things about the Edinburgh one.

On 12/03/2023 at 15:49, BallochSonsFan said:

I really dislike Glasgow airport as a departure passenger. Rubbish selection of shops and food/drink options. Its a genuinely poor airport to spend any kind of time in. Edinburgh is significantly ahead in that respect.

Used the lounge for the first time on Sunday, 4 alcoholic drinks, unlimited soft drinks, coffee. Bacon rolls, sausage rolls, soup, cakes, pastries etc.

Got it on a Living Social deal for £48 for 3 of us, excellent value considering the prices at Spoons and the other bars.

Wouldn't pay full price though (£27).

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Used the lounge for the first time on Sunday, 4 alcoholic drinks, unlimited soft drinks, coffee. Bacon rolls, sausage rolls, soup, cakes, pastries etc.

Got it on a Living Social deal for £48 for 3 of us, excellent value considering the prices at Spoons and the other bars.

Wouldn't pay full price though (£27).

£27 all things considered is still pretty decent. You'd be that for one plate of food and a couple of drinks from the bars there.

• 1 month later...