How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Went to Prague last week, during the day there's a bus to the Metro every 3 minutes.

Got back to "Glasgow" Airport, bus to Paisley once every half an hour.

Supply and demand surely? How often are there buses from Renfrewshire International Airport to Glasgow city centre? Probably every thirty minutes too in winter? No idea.

36 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Supply and demand surely? How often are there buses from Renfrewshire International Airport to Glasgow city centre? Probably every thirty minutes too in winter? No idea.

It's a bus to the nearest train station. During the day it should be a lot more frequent than every 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's a bus to the nearest train station. During the day it should be a lot more frequent than every 30 minutes.

I actually forgot about the train aspect of it. I just thought how many folk arrive at PIA and want a service to Paisley. That’s on me.

Apologies if I've told this one on here before.

I believe it's a true story from a good few years ago concerning the late great Chic Murray.

Chic had been sitting in the departure lounge, minding his own business, when he became aware of an irate American, shouting loudly to no one in particular, that Edinburgh Airport must be the "asshole of Britain"

So are you just passing through? enquired Chic.

On 31/01/2023 at 20:45, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone used the FastTrack check in? (Not to be confused with the pointless FastTrack boarding) If so, is it really worth it? 

Not sure about Edinburgh but I avoided huge queues at Birmingham last Sunday with it, 5 minutes rather than maybe an hour. I always buy one at biggish airports, no point at Inverness. Doesn't always pay off but it's only a fiver and I really hate queueing.

P.S. I'm referring to fast track through security, not sure about check in. 

Edited by welshbairn

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure about Edinburgh but I avoided huge queues at Birmingham last Sunday with it, 5 minutes rather than maybe an hour. I always buy one at biggish airports, no point at Inverness. Doesn't always pay off but it's only a fiver and I really hate queueing.

P.S. I'm referring to fast track through security, not sure about check in. 

Aye it's FastTrack security. Check in doesn't bother me as much as there's only the plane worth queuing in that line. Like you, I hate queuing so think for £7 I'll just go for it to get through security quicker and get a few more drinks :)

• 2 weeks later...

How is it that I can get through Singapore Changi at peak time with a couple of flights coming in per minute and have my bags within 25 minutes, but in Edinburgh it takes over an hour on the only flight arriving early in the morning? They weren’t even ready at the gate.

On 14/02/2023 at 14:32, S7C said:

How is it that I can get through Singapore Changi at peak time with a couple of flights coming in per minute and have my bags within 25 minutes, but in Edinburgh it takes over an hour on the only flight arriving early in the morning? They weren’t even ready at the gate.

Amongst other things, the investment in technology that Changi can justify based on its size that Edinburgh can't helps a fair bit.

1 hour ago, Elric said:

Flew into Glasgow at 7.15 on Friday night. Near the front of the plane, walked off, through Immigration and into the baggage hall at which point the luggage started coming through.  Really impressive for a change.

Good news. Flying to Prague from Glasgow tomorrow and think it must be close on 20 years since I've flown from there, had no idea what it would be like.

On 14/02/2023 at 14:32, S7C said:

Absolutely not apples for apples. From stepping off the plane I can be in my house in 30 minutes and I live 20kms from the airport (50 minutes if I have luggage). 

So much of the process is fully automated making it hugely quick and efficient.

The downside to all the efficiency is how fucking expensive it is here.

Been pleasantly surprised at how quick I'm through security last couple of times at embra ,been about 10 mins on average from joining the queue to strolling into the lounge.Ive giving up on the "Fastrack" option and just use the normal lanes 

Took me 10 minutes from getting off the bus to getting through security last week. Took me longer to walk through duty free and get served probably the worst pint of Guinness I’ve had out the Wetherspoons.

On 16/02/2023 at 23:56, Smurph said:

Took me 10 minutes from getting off the bus to getting through security last week. Took me longer to walk through duty free and get served probably the worst pint of Guinness I’ve had out the Wetherspoons.

Must say the pints of Aspall (not one I'll pick if I have a choice) were delicious. 

Trying to find the multistorey carpark entrance was a fucking nightmare tbh. Fucking livid in all honesty as we ended up having to circle via the drop off and were charged £4 for the privilege. Only found it the second time by chance tbh. Every other area is well sign posted as well. 

The fastTrack security was a delight though. Ridiculously quick. It came free with the parking passes but I'd absolutely pay extra for that in the future.