How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

11 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Was told, without anything to verify it, that the Swissport overtime rates plus bonuses were around £60 an hour during the busy period recently.  What their basic hourly rates are, i don't know.  Might be a lot of tosh, but the guy i know was fairly sure his info was accurate.  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I quite believe it, I was talking about job adverts at the beginning of June, they must have realised their evil plan to replace a cheap workforce for an even cheaper one has been a disaster and I hope the current staff take them for every penny. 😁

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Used to actually like Edinburgh before they redesigned the security area to make it feel like you're sheep being herded into a pen like some of the London airports. Fucking hate it now. 

Ever since BAA were forced to sell and the Yanks took over, it has been a feckin' nightmare. Even the contractors who work there are a joke......yes, looking at you, Menzies Aviation Services......and don't get me started on the absolute feckin' scam that is the 'Drop Off' / 'Pick Up' zone.

Having departed/arrived there twice in the past month I can confirm that aye, it’s still pish.

It was nowhere near the shambles I experienced at Marco Polo in Venice this morning but that’s a story for another time.

Edinburgh Airport was always a bit pish - shabby and too small for the number of passengers using it. 

They've remedied that now with with the extension, but security has generally been a shambles whenever I've been through since. I also dislike the forced traipse through duty free right after security. 

Edited by Michael W

11 hours ago, Michael W said:

Edinburgh Airport was always a bit pish - shabby and too small for the number of passengers using it. 

They've remedied that now with with the extension, but security has generally been a shambles whenever I've been through since. I also dislike the forced traipse through duty free right after security. 

How many airports don't deposit you out of security and either into or right next to duty free? Can't be that many.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Schipol is a hub for western Europe and has 2 places to eat and one to get a beer airside.

Absolute shite compared to Edinburgh 

There's heaps on the upper level in the central area 

22 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Schipol is a hub for western Europe and has 2 places to eat and one to get a beer airside.

Absolute shite compared to Edinburgh 

You must have been stuck in a tiny area by your gate, there are loads of places.

19 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It was Terminal 2. Flying KLM and there was a McDs and a sandwich place and one bar selling minging Heineken. 

All the smaller outlets down towards Gate D were closed.

Irish Bar is down the D gates as you go down take the right fork 

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It was closed 

Holy sheeet I've never seen it closed and schipol is the airport that I've used/transited through the most.During the icelandic volcano delays it was a de facto nightclub 

I was there 1pm to 8pm (don't fucking ask) so it was peak times.

All the shops and concessions beyond the central area were closed so I'm assuming it's a staffing issue. 

Security wasn't as bad as some of the scare stories. Took an hour and 15 from train to airside but that still ages longer than pre-pandemic when you would moan if you were more than 10 minutes queuing. 

1 hr waiting for baggage last night. Despite paying £50 an hour overtime, only 2 baggage handlers on duty and they were on the other side of the airport. Amsterdam flight had already been waiting an hour when we arrived.