How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

Moron factor is high today. Nothing wrong with 5am pints but I've seen a full kit w****r in the departure lounge, Rangers* as well. Numerous stag and hen do groups and because it's the start of the school holidays it's absolutely rammed as well.

I hate flying Friday mornings.

• 4 weeks later...

Arrived back in Edinburgh Airport yesterday. An absolute shambles. Over an hour from touchdown to luggage arriving and there must have been luggage from 7 flights going to the same carousel. Area was crowded and as always the case no staff member  seemed at all bothered by the dreadful service. Laughably bad and a great welcome to Scotland for any visitors. Bloody dreadful

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2019 at 08:55, Distant Doonhamer said:

Arrived back in Edinburgh Airport yesterday. An absolute shambles. Over an hour from touchdown to luggage arriving and there must have been luggage from 7 flights going to the same carousel. Area was crowded and as always the case no staff member  seemed at all bothered by the dreadful service. Laughably bad and a great welcome to Scotland for any visitors. Bloody dreadful

Assuming that it's arrivals 2 you're on about? That's where I've ended up the last umpteen times I've flown back into Edinburgh and noticed exactly the same with the baggage - an empty belt but about 6+ flights all on the same one. There was no pattern to it either - i.e. you might think all Ryanair flights might share, but no - Ryanair, KLM, Emirates...all lumped together.

Is the original arrivals hall still open? It's so long since I arrived back there.

• 3 weeks later...

Not as bad as Aberdeen apparently

Aberdeen International was ranked the worst Scottish Airport for the fifth year in row, with a customer score of 50%.

Customers criticised its staff and seating, with one telling Which? they only used the airport for "geographic convenience", not out of choice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49628875

• 1 month later...
On 09/09/2019 at 09:29, NewBornBairn said:

Not as bad as Aberdeen apparently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49628875

Flew out on Tuesday from Dyce and it was fine, nice touch having a beer garden by the entrance and security was a breeze. Only bad thing was Ryan Air forcing everyone through the gate way too early as per usual, that's not down to the airport though.

Used Edinburgh for a trip to America via Dublin last week. No real problems at either end aside from waiting for a few minutes at the end for the door in customs to let us out. Think we may have been a bit late departing but that was nothing compared to the nonsense in Dublin.

Also used pre-booked airport parking and had the bus to and from the terminal to ourselves.

So far so good today. Through security no problem (apart from my own stupidity at leaving something in my bag) and I can actually move through the terminal without being crushed.   I should fly at this time on a Sunday more often. 

Also the new direct bus from Dundee is fantastic. A lot quicker than the train and tram, and drops you off right outside the terminal. Cheaper too. 

just got an email today from Ryanair saying that I should be giving myself extra time getting into departures at Edinburgh due to "improvement works" being carried out at security-can anyone give me any info on whether theres a real issue here or not as im travelling on Saturday evening and was going to catch the first half of the footy before heading to the airport-don't want to be hanging about there any longer than is actually necessary.these works are ongoing till march apparantly

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

just got an email today from Ryanair saying that I should be giving myself extra time getting into departures at Edinburgh due to "improvement works" being carried out at security-can anyone give me any info on whether theres a real issue here or not as im travelling on Saturday evening and was going to catch the first half of the footy before heading to the airport-don't want to be hanging about there any longer than is actually necessary.these works are ongoing till march apparantly

Don't know about the works, but I'd pay a fiver for Fast Track which should mean you shouldn't have any bother. It's usually worth it to avoid the queues and cruise through to the bar anyway.

Even the Fast Track queue can go outside the door!! I flew out on Monday and the Security line was massive but thankfully my sons pals dad works at security so I've got a bunch of fast track passes.

Honestly don't think Edinburgh is a bad airport however it's just a shame that Edinburgh and Glasgow can't just swap terminal buildings as Glasgows a ghost town and Edinburgh is a battery farm.

The only way Edinburgh can move forward is swapping land with the highland centre and build a bespoke terminal instead of adding bits here and there to the existing one.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know about the works, but I'd pay a fiver for Fast Track which should mean you shouldn't have any bother. It's usually worth it to avoid the queues and cruise through to the bar anyway.

every time ive been there ive been through in 10 mins absolute tops tbf